D'Agostino Progression Integrated

The progression looks different. More elegant.

4 Likes

I can appreciate both opinions here, but for me cord stuff looks terrible, i can’t even imagine where they get the look from.

3 Likes

For Chord, no idea.

But for D’Agostino, it looks like Dan D’Agostino was inspired by both Captain Nemo’s Nautilus and the Swiss watches Breguet ; look at the meter (nice watches by the way).

5 Likes

A colleague and I were demoing Naim gear at a dealer, the progression pre and power were in the room, we had to have a listen. We both thought it very good indeed and ‘just a little better’ than the NAP250DR we have been using most of the session. But then at £52k it should be quite good.

I would like to hear the Progression Integrated as it is closer to my budget, but still, in my opinion outrageous

Thanks Roog

How would you describe the progression pre/power vs the naim signature sound?

Br Lars

Hi @LarsDK, bare with me, I don’t know how to frame this as I find most descriptions used by the hifi fraternity nonsense, but here goes!

Better control, amp seemed to have a vice like grip over the speakers compared to with the NAP in circuit.
Wider soundstage
So easy to turn it up without any sign of harshness, dangerously easy.
Utterly Effortless

My colleague offered to buy me one if he wins the euro millions! Sadly I will not be able to reciprocate that kind offer as I don’t do the lottery.

2 Likes

Can you describe what is the system with Dagostino, and vs what Naim electronics you compared ?

Common Naim source, just swapped the NAP 250 out for the progression. Dealer thought we were nuts, but after offering an alternative source, he humoured us and did as we asked.

We did it because the progression was in the room and running, neither of us were in the market for a £50k+ amplifier, we just wanted to hear it, the system was not very sensible, but we heard enough to know that we preferred the progression.

I bought neither! (I ended up with a NAP300)

The progression costs 20k. The Momentum 50k. Was it the one I posted above or the big one on that pic?

Going to say it, sorry but I genuinely think they look naff in my opinion!

1 Like

And the progression, post 20?

Many thanks Roog

Agree hard to describe in a meaningful way. But also you are not saying it was dull/without prat, which would be key to me when listening. I will also be using nd555 as source, which hopefully helps.

I really think the new progression integrated in black looks way better than any of the other designs from dagostino.

Br Lars

Definitely not dull, but as ever you would have to hear it.

I have to confess I can’t be sure what it was called, as I say, it was in the room, it was hellish expensive and we wanted to hear what it could do, we were not disappointed.

I would not have to hear it again to be sure!

I am fairly sure that it was this combination, as pictured, circa £50k, either way, its a lot of money for a stereo!

1 Like

Yes, as 552/500 :laughing:

Indeed @frenchrooster both the Naim and D’Agostino rigs are way outside of my budget. The Integrated is too, but if I sold all my stereo kit, my guitars, my camera, my car and my wife’s car, I might be able to scrape together enough to buy the basic D’Agostino Integrated!

I mean all I would be able to do is plug it in, switch it on and look at it, but that might be quite nice. :0)

2 Likes

I am a credit guy. All expensive stuff is bought with the help of banks. Every 6 years I take another credit, when the other is paid. And sometimes I ask my credit to be bought by another bank, if the % is lower.
If not, I would never have been able to buy my system. And I have never saved money in my life .

1 Like

Thanks Roog! I guess the new progression integrated tries to put those into one box.

I am still waiting to get the homedemo due to covid (dealer is in sweden, i live in denmark)

In the meantime I had the brand new aavik 580 integrated amp at home. Did many things really engaging and well, but essentially lacked too much of the naim live/prat sound. I could live with it, but clear compromise vs 552/300

I think I will try the SN3 next, just to compare.

Br Lars

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.