David Crosby RIP

Thanks for some great music. Didn’t follow much of the later Cros, but…respect due.

10 Likes
1 Like

Gee that’s hot if the press news hasn’t even broken here. What a shame loved his work.

1 Like

Lots of fantastic music over the years, thanks David RIP.

1 Like

Sad news. I was enjoying some of his newer work only last week via Qobuz & have enjoyed CSNY since their inception.

Sadly, 2023 is becoming a cruel repeat of early 2016 when we lost Bowie & Glenn Frey in quick succession.

2 Likes

Gutted, was listening to If I could only remember my name, when I heard the news

1 Like

He’s done some half decent albums lately. Another legend gone

2 Likes

A great record. Truly one of the very best of that time. With The Byrds also, Crosby was an essential part of my turning on to what good music was all about when I was young.

4 Likes

Wonderful singer songwriter, truly sad news.

2 Likes

Another legend is gone…

2 Likes

Won’t be long and just about most of my music collection will be made up of artists that have left us.

5 Likes

Yes a bit frightening really

I hate thinking about it all, and stay positive :+1::smiley:

4 Likes

I’ve been listening to a fair bit of his music lately. The album he and Graham Nash released in 1972 is a great record. I’m very sorry to hear he has died.

A good interview with him in the Guardian from a year or so ago - someone who wasn’t afraid to share his opinion!

4 Likes

He made quite a few enemies in his life. I guess they’re all got opinions on what and how things happened trouble is their memories aren’t always correct.

Agreed

Nice statement from Graham Nash reflecting just that:

“I know people tend to focus on how volatile our relationship has been at times, but what has always mattered to David and me more than anything was the pure joy of the music we created together, the sound we discovered with one another, and the deep friendship we shared over all these many long years,”

A huge loss to music.

5 Likes

Yeah, just got first word of it about an hour ago. I actually thot I might be thr first poster on it … but no …

Carry on, David. Thanks for the beautiful music.

2 Likes

Just woken up and read the news of David Crosby’s passing. This is too sad!:cry:
I just bought Whistling Down The Wire last Friday, recorded with Graham Nash in 1976.
Huge fan of his music, which will be what I listen to today.
RIP David Crosby, you will be missed.

1 Like

RIP to a great songwriter.

2 Likes

Very sad news……his recent work was outstanding as well as his c.s.n.y past. R.i.p.

2 Likes