David Warner RIP

David Warner has died aged 80. A very fine actor who never quite seemed to get the recognition he deserved. My particular favourites are “Morgan, A Suitable Case for Treatment” and his brilliant turn in “The Time Bandits” as Evil

9 Likes

He also did an excellent BBC TV series in 1985 called ‘Hold the Back Page’. He played a sports journalist who moves from a broadsheet to a tabloid

3 Likes

Oh what a shame , an actor we should have seen more of .

3 Likes

A great and underrated talent.
RIP David

1 Like

When I was a kid I saw him in the movie “Time after time” as Jack the Ripper. I thought he was very convincing in the role. RIP.

2 Likes

And who can forget his turn as the mad scientist in Steve Martin and Carl Reiner’s brilliant The Man With Two Brains?

6 Likes

Agree with you about Time Bandits.

Though whenever I picture him, it’s in Cross of Iron. No idea why.

4 Likes

Dr Necessiter!

2 Likes

“Show me ….subscriber trunk dialling”

“Look how he spends his time……43 species of parrot……nipples for men!”

To me, he will always be Chancellor Gorkon in Star Trek VI:

Mark

2 Likes

How sad.

David Warner left an indelible impression on me as a youngster, in his TV Series role, playing a Nazi SS Officer in “Holocaust.”

Warner’s SS character slowly but surely crept his way into becoming a war criminal. The slow but sure transformation was brilliantly portrayed by Warner.

Whenever I’ve seen Warner in any other role, the chills immediately return from his Holocaust role.

David Warner always made the baddies so easy to absolutely loathe… the mark of a true professional villain actor.

I wonder if he was into audio?

Sending prayers and thoughts to his family and loved ones.

RIP David Warner.

2 Likes

He was perfectly cast as the voice actor of Ra’s al Ghul aka “The Demon’s Head” in several episodes of the classic Batman The Animated Series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.