DBLs refurbished as meant to be

I have Stillpoints Ultra 5; very worthwhile

Hi . I just looked at the Stillpoints Ultra 5. I see they have a thread on them. Do you attach them to the DBL threads or just sit the metal tubed frame on them ?

Can you remember what effect they had vs the standard spikes ?

There is a M8 thread adaptor that I used to screw it into the spike thread.
They tightened things up further (as I have them on 3cm granite slabs), with all the usual beneficial sonic outcomes, that I can’t effectively describe…

1 Like

:joy: :flushed:
Too bad, but almost forseeable. Probably needs a listening session

Maybe this helps :wink:

5 Likes

Had to quickly run a duster over them…

Left one, resplendent with rebuilt bass driver, new tweeter and replacement (s/h) tweeter plate…

And the pair…

Next stage is to fabricate some soundbases and see how they sound. Then refoam the interiors.

Willy.

9 Likes

… some pretty fair amplification, too! Anyone know of anything which will return my usual skin colour from green to pink? I have Titan 808s but aesthetically they don’t hold a candle to these speakers. Well done, you’ve cheered me up on this windy, wet morning!

1 Like

This is the best I can do at the moment as Decorating other rooms, so everything stacked up in this room. Will do some better pictures when I can get the room straight again. Looking forward to hearing how Charlie gets on with Scanspeak as my Mids are still playing up. Where are they located?

8 Likes

@DBL
Impeccable pair, very beautiful. What do you mean by „playing up“? Sorry, guess I don’t understand…
I’ll keep you posted as soon as I know more from skanspeak it’s somewhere in southern Germany. Hope to make it there soon :wink:

Aren’t Scan-speak based in Denmark?

Willy.

Yes, but as far as I understand it they have a dependence in Germany as well.

. . . . so shiny

1 Like

With the added bonus for your trip that German beer is (probably) better.

Willy.

1 Like

Hi Charlie, It was not a pun. Every now and then the Mids start to distort and I have to manipulate the Cones and it clears it for a while. I have tried turning them as has been suggested but it makes little difference. I am just hoping that you will be able to get somewhere with Scanspeak. I am really pleased with the refurb it has taken them to a whole new level. I have not found any other Speaker to come even close. With your 500`s and S1 you must be in Seventh Heaven.

@DBL
With your 500`s and S1 you must be in Seventh Heaven… well, close …:grinning:
Yes, I know about your dysfunct mid getting stuck once in a while. Lets see what I can do :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.