dCS Bartok Apex

Not been out long plus hardly any have been for sale secondhand.
As it’s a quality item and owners are keeping them at the moment.
With the recent free upgrade it just got even better, so even less reason to sell, and more options for owners to choose from with filters and maps.
I see quite a few owners using it in their own main systems rather than headphone systems.

1 Like

As a Rossini user, I have a fondness for dCS. However, it’s important to recognize that all audio equipment possesses its unique signature and characteristics. If four out of five people prefer dCS, it’s entirely plausible that you might be the fifth person whose preferences lean towards another brand. From my experience of owning several DACs, I must admit that despite my appreciation for dCS, I often find myself drawn to the tempo of Chord, or the more appealing sound of EMM Labs.

1 Like

We all like different thing’s and unfortunately there isn’t a one fix for dac’s, Amp’s, etc, etc.
But comparing dCS to chord, and saying the dCS has less tempo is something i haven’t heard said before.
Maybe the old dCS dac’s but certainly not the latest one’s.
But there you go i guess

Dunc, if you’ve had the opportunity to experiment with both the dCS and Chord DACs side by side, using a variety of amplifier combinations, the differences in their characteristics become increasingly evident. From my experience, it’s vital to base your judgments on personal experimentation, not just on the opinions of others. This is particularly important for dCS fans who might be reluctant to acknowledge the strengths of other brands.

1 Like

I have tried a few chord dac’s over the year’s, dave, tt2 + mscaler, etc. So i know how they sound. As said i like certain things they do, and think they offer good value for money.
I did quite like them but at the same time felt they had something missing especially when compared to naim top dac’s.
For me i found the rossini gave me the best bit’s that each had and the vivaldi has pushed that bar even higher, then add in the clock / upsampler and the bar goes even higher.

But i do understand that we all have different feelings about how something sounds and that’s completely fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.