DCS Price Increases

I’m just glad i got my kit before the last price increase, let alone this other one.

If only DCS sound quality was matching the asking prices when compared to their competitors

However not every price increase can be blamed on the manufacturer

The weaker pound means the price of imported parts goes up and the manufacturer has no choice but to increase prices

1 Like

I’m not sure why dCS price rises are remarkable in current conditions where practically every manufacturer, including Naim, is raising prices significantly. It is not peculiar to DCS although of course at this level any increases are painful for most.

As to who is competitive with whom, well, we’ll have to disagree on that - a Rossini Apex beat my ND555 & 2 x 555PS in my 552/500DR system in every department. Going to a Vivaldi put things in a completely different league. Similarly Soulution 760, although I preferred Vivaldi. I’ve had all of this gear on home demo and going to Vivaldi was the easiest decision for me (sound wise, financially not so easy :-o)

2 Likes

The apex has certainly pushed it to a new level, and the vivaldi has also benefited from apex accordingly.
The real free gains have been had with guys with an original bartock for £10k new or even less secondhand as with the free 2.0 software. It’s taken this to a much higher level than it was, but now a bew bartock is much higher priced.

1 Like

“Used to own a full 500 Series system”

What are you using today?:thinking:

2 Likes

A festive pic just because and why not.lol

8 Likes

Nice pic.

If I was keeping up I’d probably know but what are the 2 (presumably) DCS products on the 2 top shelves and what are the products on the bottom shelf?

And whats’ the third Naim PS powering?

.sjb

Dunc, gorgeous speakers. Liquid amber veneer?
I have Titan t88s in Tineo. Your veneer looks really nice
David

1 Like

While Naim have steady price increases here I’ve noticed everything has now been discounted. Think the local distributor is have trouble shifting stuff as economies slow down.

2 Likes

Indeed. You can charge what you like: whether people choose to pay what you are charging is another matter.

I am curious too.
Wilson Sabrina X maybe, as it was mentioned in another thread .?
DCS Vivaldi Apex ?
Soulution amps?

Is it that @delta ?

2 Likes

Hi.
The top 2 silver boxes are indeed dCS vivaldi gear. Dac is on top, and the upsampler/streamer is below.
Power supplies are for the 552, 500 and superline.
Right at the bottom is the melco N10.

Cheers dunc

4 Likes

You are close FR! The system is: dCS Vivaldi Apex / Vivaldi Clock / Bespoke Audio Passive Preamp / Soulution 511 power amp / Wilson SabrinaX. Analog source is Brinkmann Balance / Lyra Kleos SL and RCM Sensor MK2 phono stage. Also Innuos Statement and PhoenixNET.

It’s quite a change after 30 something years of going up though the Naim hierarchy but I’m very happy where I’ve ended up. Someone asked me about amplifiers around £10k the other day and I said 282/hi/250. I couldn’t think of anything else worth considering. Ironically at 500 level there seem to be more choices.

4 Likes

Why did you go for silver and not black Dunc?

Interesting move. I don’t want to derail this thread but I’m curious about the changes you made - did you discuss in another thread?

Hi Elfer, no, I haven’t really discussed it elsewhere. Not sure if it’s appropriate to start a new thread on that topic? Maybe I can answer some questions here with @lazyscott permission?

I dont like the dCS in black as much as it hides all the lovely machinery on the face.
Plus the amp i fancy next also looks much nicer in silver than black

1 Like

Hi Delta, yes of course you can.

1 Like

I was close indeed :grin:. Can you tell why the choice for a passive pre?
Congrats for your wonderful system :+1:

1 Like

Was discussed on “ Statements alternatives “ thread. I would be very curious to know what @anon21135817 has finally choosed.

1 Like