Dedicated Radial Plan

I’m guessing that the electrician is linked in with the Solar Panel deal. If yes, then I can understand their reluctance to put in a bigger one, as their time allocated for the job will be limited. They will also then have to test all your circuits on that CU.

I think in your position, I would accept what they are doing, as the cost of a CU is fairly cheap, and it gets the job done, then consider the tidying up of CU’s as a separate job with another electrician of your choice.

I paid around £650 for an electrician to swap out my old CU for a bigger better one, and to merge in the separate Conservatory CU. Then as a separate job he added a HiFi CU, along with 40 meters of 10mm SWA again costing around £650. The job ended up taking longer than he thought, so you may have to pay more, but I was very pleased with the job. I especially liked changing my old 30 year plastic CU with a single RCD, for lots of shiny MCBO’s in a. nice metal CU with SP.

1 Like

March 2022 saw amendment 2 published, this now makes overvoltage a requirement on all new installs. There is an opt out but now harder to implement.

1 Like

good to know-thanks

I looked online for the cost of Hager SPD - it was over £99!

Phil

What other brand of SPD would be as good as Hagar but cheaper?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.