Delivery by the dealer, vs. cash-and-carry

I’ve brought home and installed two pairs of Isobariks over the years. They come in at a weedy 32lbs each I think and can just about be lifted by one person, albeit somewhat awkwardly. I can’t imagine trying to self ship and install speakers upwards of 100lbs even with help! Definitely one to sit back and nervously supervise. But I’m a wimp.

You’re less of a wimp than you think, as Isobariks weigh 40kg (88lbs) each.

1 Like

Would they not be covered by CC insurance or home insurance ?

If it was me, I’d be over there faster than a very fast thing to pick 'em up myself.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be happy unless Alon Wolf himself and a few of his henchmen came round pronto. He could fix you one of his legendary coffees whilst you’re still sitting in your dressing gown and slippers.

Ha ha yes! Perhaps if I “upgrade” to M’s or S’s. Which brings up the interesting point that as EXPENSIVE as those are, the fact that he put out these A3’s at a $9800 original price point, and they perform so well, is quite refreshing.

Yes this is me. I’ve waited 6 months; screw waiting 5 more days!

1 Like

Just checked official stats. These A3’s are 110 lbs each. Not trivial getting them up front porch steps, into the door, around the corner and into the living room.

I grab a friend with a ute, sorry pick up, and go and get them. Although I wouldn’t get them without help. But like you I’d be inpatient. Happy listening.

Briks are 2 man job. If you could carry them up all by yourself, either you are extremely strong or taking a huge risk for your back!

My dealer lent us his hand truck with nice rubber tyres – made getting the boxes up the stairs a breeze.

2 Likes

As an enthusiastic, (and much younger than now), Linn/Naim dealer I humped many an Isobarik into people’s lounge rooms. Mostly solo.
A couple of years ago was helping a friend to reglue the bass driver, (the old KEF B139s delaminate on occasion), and was taken aback at how much they weigh. Surely they’re heavier now?

It’s just gravity :scream:

1 Like

:small_blue_diamond:Steve95775,…I have also alone helped many with installing Isobarik,.I agree with you…they are probably heavier today :grin:.

I actually have a couple of brand new Linn original KEF B139 for Isobarik in reserve (see picture).
These are probably rare today.

WP_20161218_20_23_23_Pro

/Peder🙂

:small_blue_diamond:And this below is the picture on the carton.
There are two KEF B139 in each carton.

WP_20161218_20_27_03_Pro

/Peder🙂

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.