Descending into the depths of Naim

Managed to source some newly serviced 322 MM Phono boards from Class A alongside new Naim feet for all the olive units.

Now have an olive HiCap en route too and currently installing the brand new Linn K20 cable (a great tip from a user on here and recommended by my dealer - and a superb buy/easier to work with than the NAC A5 on my other system). Installed inside my fireplace surround (as per my QED Silver Anniversary it is replacing!).

1 Like

You have been busy!

1 Like

Absolutely.

Cable now all in, new mains block due I hope tomorrow and so was the HiCap BUT DPD let me down and although due to collect it from the seller first thing this morning still had not collected it by 7:30pm tonight - “sorry but we’ll get it on Monday instead” was the reply even though delivery was upgraded for a Saturday delivery! Seller trying to get it away with another company tomorrow for a Monday delivery hopefully.

Also hoping my phono cards and new Naim feet for the 3 units are despatched tomorrow too then I should have most up and running by end of Monday, and get all the cables tidied at the back to OCD level 10 :+1:

Tomorrow jobs include re-drilling the cabinet (and some more jigsaw cutting for cables at the back) to keep a high wife visual satisfaction (ie does not look horrible) and also new isolating feet coming for the speakers on Sunday.

In saying that my main listening tonight was on my main system in the dark

3 Likes

The descent continued with the addition of a Olive HiCap (serviced by Sean at CHC) Then adding on a set of 322 Phono Cards (Just serviced) and genuine Naim feet/screws for all three units from Darran at Class A

Sounding superb, alongside all new cables from David at Flashback

5 Likes

Inside the NAP140:

3 Likes

One thing I did first, which will lead me down the next upgrade path is put the HiCap on the new Nait XS2 - not the same level as moving to a new amp but depth of bass and that extra 1% clarity and space was added…seems a good move in the future for this one (but probably a FlatCap XS if I can find a good cheap enough one).

2 Likes

Looks lovely

1 Like

Thanks Hugh - sounds great too :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.