Destruction of the English language

He’ll be fine, he’s not a southern softy.

And they are cobs in Leicester, not far away.

1 Like

Different dialect and accent but both proper English as far as I’m concerned, as is Scoucer, Geordie, Cornish, etc. Not sure about Essex though!:wink:

The difference is that state schools can’t claim tax relief by registering as a charitable trust.

This thread should be renamed, ‘Development of the English Language’, even Shakespeare would approve.

1 Like

Baps could also be construed as breasts in some regions, so you never know…

Alternativley might just be a late snack!

Hahaha. But Shakespeare couldn’t bloody spell!

I am mortified that the rising inflection originated in New Zealand . Oh the shame!

It cracks me up that you can exactly reproduce this intonation in writing just by putting a question mark at the end of every sentence. Even if the sentence isn’t a question? The question mark just makes it sound like a question? You don’t even need to, like, put a “like” in there?

I get upset when I see volcanoes erupting and having no respect for the Infrastruture they are destroying. Someone should do something about it.

4 Likes

That’s life innit.

1 Like

My flabber was gasted and i felt peculiarly gruntled when the appointed home delivery was on time this morning.

Now you’ve done it. I’m trying very hard to remember which comedian used that sort of mangled English. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

3 Likes

Also sounds similar to the much underrated Frankie Howard.

6 Likes

Thanks!

I heard a while back that in modern circles it really has changed. I haven’t heard ‘Paul and me’, but many times I’ve heard ‘me and Paul’ as you daughter said, and it didn’t sound crass.
I find myself saying it either way at times depending on the conversation.

I get, and agree with, your disapointment. But I think it’s just change or a 50 or 60 year period; and I think this change is going to happen whether we like it or not.
My chiropractor was suggesting that there were going to be a lot of bad neck issues in the near future from all the excessive computing and texting, and it’s killing the lauguage forms as well.

1 Like

Why is “Abbreviation” such a long word ?

2 Likes

I feel ya, Dude?

1 Like