Digital front end

If they are NA328s then, if you can’t find a set of NA326s, your Naim dealer should be able to make up a pair of link wires fitted with suitable clips, which effectively do the same thing.

Ok, thanks.

I used my Olive NAP 250 with my Nova and it addd a great boost, I’d assume the same for the chrome bumper 250s.

With hindsight I think I’d have gone for a NAC 272 rather than the Nova, as I didn’t really need an all in one, just had stuff including SBLs in storage at the time. Now with the latest streamer releases, I’d definitely have looked at the ND5 XS2 or NDX 2 as a source to use with my old 72/HICAP/250.

While the ND5 XS2 doesn’t have a screen, it’s far from essential and limited currently functionality wise - I rarely use the screen on mine due to where it’s positioned relative to listening.

Some pictures I’ve seen show it with and without a screen which was a bit confusing not having seen one in the flesh. Don’t think I would need a screen, happy using an app.

Cheers.

The new ND5XS2 has no screen or remote. The original ND5XS, as well as every other streamer Naim have ever made, has a screen,

I see, thanks for clearing that up.

Cheers.

I run my Olive set with an ND5XS and nDAC - sounds really, really good - via some old-school Quad ESL-63s…

I used a NDX in Olive set up for several years a lovely combination.

I have a 72/olive 250/active SBL set up and I don’t believe for one minute that a modern entry/mid range streamer would outclass those components.

Try and get a home demo of one, that would be very informative.

I have a Nova all in one, but still prefer my LP12 as a source.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.