DIN to 3.5mm

Hi Fatcat, not sure how I can help as there is not much to help with …

Morgami W2549 is a 2 wire and screen and with 76pF/m core to screen and 11pF/m between cores and as such is one of the lowest capacitance cables around.
However at 5.9mm OD its hardly a minature cable and I wounder if its suitable to attach to a 3.5 plug.

1 Like

I thought you might have experience of other Mogami cable. Enrico is looking into which Mogami cable to use.

Stripping the outer sleeve, replacing with shrink sleeve fits into a Rean plug. Just.

1 Like

For those who may now ‘know’, Rean are part of the same group as Neutrik. Cheaper (than Neutrik) but still well made. I use them on Guitar leads.

1 Like

Looking at the photo of the flashback cable posted yesterday, that looks like it’s fitted with a Rean plug.

So received the cable, connected my Samsung mobile, usb to AQ Cobalt DAC to analogue input 4, using Tidal app or USB Audio player pro sound is barely audible.

Can you set the input sensitivity (which is set a bit high) to the 2.5v (Hi-Fi) setting. Any better ?

1 Like

Thanks i actually turned it up thinking it would help

Is it working better now ?

1 Like

Yes thanks, i set it back to hifi, bit perfect and tweaked the volume a few steps higher to match my other source, all good purple MQA light.

It was interesting but unless i missed something Nova, AQ Cobalt was good but not comparable to the Innuos, Audiophilleo, the latter having so much more weight, authority and allot more going on.

I think ill stay happy with the first unfold with my Nova, Innuos, Audiophilleo.

1 Like

I suppose there are a few variables here. Your Innuos / Audiophilleo combo has a simpler playback route as it’s connected straight into a digital input.

Via the AQ cobalt, you’ve got an analogue ouput, fed into the Nova where it’s digitised again so it can follow the same internal signal path as the digital inputs.

1 Like

Very good point thanks @james_n its good to experiment though :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.