Din to XLR 552/500 Super Lumina

Richieroo, it seems you like the SL DIN/XLRs but question the full price which is fair stance to take.

Have you thought about trying to track down a pre-loved set?

Yes one went a couple of days ago for £2150 - I still felt that for this money the improvement was not sufficient for me to say yes. I would probably get allot more bang for buck - by purchasing another 555ps and use 2 psu’s for my ND555 - this would probably be a far more satisfying upgrade. The reason for trying a dealer pre run-in set was to gauge the upgrade - I am fairly hard headed regarding upgrades - I had a figure in my mind - that I would be prepared to pay for the din to xlr SL - and that was no more than £1800 based on how my system responded. My view is regarding Super lumina - it is excellent as an interconnect from the source - and really good as a speaker cable. The pre to power effect seems far more subtle - it’s there but - for me it was a relatively small gain. If I get an incremental improvement using Mogami W2497 then that gap would be even closer…

2 Likes

Very sensible, and you have done the leg work to reach your conclusion.

Let us know how you get on with Mogami.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.