Display off on Unity atom

After much deliberation I have now upgraded to an Atom from a uq2. A significant improvement and the fact that it is a roon endpoint is a massive bonus for me. However, the WAF is limited in that the display cannot be turned off. This is a big problem if using the hdmi input for TV use. Any idea if this is something Naim is working on for a future update?

Other gripes are that there are no user programmable buttons on the remote (mainly for selection of the tv) and that it takes a while for the Samsung TV to realise that there is a “receiver” on the arc hdmi (but I am sure that is a Samsung problem). These aside I am very happy with the upgrade.

The last update I remember seeing was on the old forum back in November -

“ Posted on: 20 November 2018 by Klout10

Reply from Naim: “the display off feature is on the product roadmap but we cannot commit to a timescale at this moment in time.”

So basically we don’t know anything more now …”

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic.php?oid=77878162315608041&coid=159503632588890

No news and the wait goes on… I don’t need to see the album cover. I know what is playing, I selected it! What is the life expectancy of my Atom’s display? I’m sure a replacement display will be covered by my 5 year warranty but the inconvenience!

Come on Naim! Surprise us with a firmware update that will please all.

In anticipation.

9 Likes

Would really appreciate an update on this one …

1 Like

apparently a software update is being released early april…

I know, but it has never been mentioned that this additional functionality will be a part of this …

I wouldn’t hold your breath that’s it’s included. Nice if it is though.

2 Likes

May the gods of hi-fi hear you out!

The artwork display on my Nova regularly freezes and the only fix is a power cycle, any upgrade for the display wou,d be most welcome here!

Display off is coming in the next update according to Naim’s April news (along with DAB/FM upgrade possibility and Airplay 2)

1 Like

yep…just seen the article on naim facebook group with a link to naim site…:grinning::grinning:

Are there direct links to the naim site?
Or should I follow them on FB to get news? (I’m old fashioned, in that I prefer news from web sites or RSS feeds, if available…)
I’ll have a look on FB…

You can sign up to receive the email updates from the web site.

Yeah, just found it. Thanks!
I had clicked “connection/news” before, but that only brings you to the /connection URL; when going to the /news URL, it asks to sign up.

(And I must be blind: the update is also mentioned on the connection page / news section.)

1 Like

Looking forward to the update.

Thank you Naim for listening to your end-users! Looking forward to the update!

1 Like

Yes! At last! Cannot wait for the blackness. Hopefully the OTA firmware upgrade will be hassle free because updating the UQ was never straight forward.

The OTA firmware upgrade is a major improvement for the new streamers/uniti’s, no more trying to find that cable you haven’t used for ages, it’s been hassle free for my Nova so far.

https://www.naimaudio.com/news/26627/uniti-the-best-systems-get-better-still?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter - April 2019&utm_content=Newsletter - April 2019+CID_867ffa21e11d287ac0b5bd4be18cfdc9&utm_source=Email marketing software&utm_term=Read More

Another month slips by…

I was hopeful that this was going to be released with the BIG (little) reveal of the Muso2. Van is staring at me. I wish he wasn’t.