DIY for cable management

I have a question for you, or maybe also others who know Troll Gustavsen.
He shows on his site that he replaced and upgraded the caps on the Ear 912 tubes pre, that I own. He says it’s however a delicate work.
Do you know if it’s possible to send him some gear to have it upgraded, like my pre ?
( I know you have Troll speakers….)

I guess you mean Troels Gravesen :rofl:

I would send him an e-mail asking, he’s usually quick to reply.

But if not, I see he says exactly what to do, providing the schematic and pictures, so if you order the caps anyone local proficient reading a schematic and handling a soldering iron should be able to do it.

1 Like

Yes, Troels Gravesen. Thanks, i will considerer to mail him . Was thinking on that already but thought also that perhaps someone knew if he accepts equipment for a recap/ service.

I doubt he would do a full recap/service. And shipping the unit to him and back for the four caps seems a waste of money. I would find someone local.

would be ideal… But i will have to be sure the work is well done.

Hi, not sure whether he’d do someone else’s gear, but as n-lot says, an email can’t hurt, he’s usually very quick to reply.

Loving my “Troll” speakers! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Without doubt the best cable management I’ve seen. :clap:

1 Like

Needs must :slightly_smiling_face: cheers

Ta daa…

8 Likes

:tada: indeed! Looks great :+1:

From what I read the more important “dressing” is to separate the power units and power cables from the rest.

In my system that means put the HicapDr and the Napsc and my power block away from the 282 cdx2 and ndx2. Not in the same rack.

The power unit from my 300Dr should be there also.
I’m I rigth ?

I did exactly that above. Power is clipped up onto the wall behind and the signal cables run across the surface. The two don’t touch anywhere. Not sure if it makes any difference but it sure can’t hurt.

Finished off with three removable panels to hide everything away. They simply lift off and sit on foam pads to prevent them rattling.

My wife is happy so was worth doing :grinning:

2 Likes

All cables in my system are pushed back behind the wall, with the equipment sitting on aluminium shelves.

How did you hide all the cables?

I cut a 3mm hardboard sheet to size and painted it with the wall paint. It’s blue tacked onto the little wooded blocks you can see so removable without too much trouble

I just took a punt and installed a new 8m pair of speaker cables tonight. Extra length was selected in efforts to take the edge off the top end, but that left lots of cable to deal with (replacing 3.6m NACA5). A quick effort with hair ties, cable ties and pipe insulation to help ‘dress’ the cables. Then covered by polyester panels, which also helps the room acoustics.

Cabling behind my racks still has a lot of room for improvement though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.