Djokovic - sinner or sinned against?

Anyone have any views on this? I thought Rafael Nadal had it right when he said that ‘decisions have consequences’ implying that Djoko only has himself to blame by declining the vaccine…

3 Likes

My view is that this is going to be far too close to a political discussion to survive long on the forum under current AUP.

Anyone want to start a sweep on how long this thread lasts?

Mark

3 Likes

Obviously I do not have all the facts, but some things in life are clear cut.

When you are entering a country of which you are not a citizen then you need to comply with the entry requirements of that particular country- irrespective of who you are and whether or not you personally agree with them

8 Likes

100% agree, if you want to participate in the human race - vaccinate.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Seems pretty straightforward. Either he has a medical exemption , or he doesn’t.

The argument (on R2 right now) is that he complied with the rules as written before leaving Dubai for Oz, and that as a result of the uproar there - likened to the anger here over certain parties in lockdown - the rules have changed to bar him. That seems to be the crux of it.

Fwiw I reckon he’s a berk and should accept that if he wants to sidestep things that’s his choice but he must accept the inevitable consequences.

I used to Like him but recently he’s got a bit to much full of himself.
Even if he’s no 1 you can’t treat him any different from anybody else , either he’s jabbed or not.
I have a cousin who didn’t see his family including a newborn granddaughter for nearly two years because of restrictions between sth Australia and Victoria.

This one is far too wrapped up in politics. Thread closed.

1 Like