Do Naim’s adverts resonate today?

A few more of my favourites;

Mirror%20Mirror001small

Black%20Art001small

A%20Naim%20In%20The%20City001small

8 Likes

Somewhere in the deepest darkest recesses of my memory, something tells me this was the photo that accompanied a review of the NAP120 in, I think, Hifi For Pleasure. I think that’s reviewer Dave Berriman on the right.

Hi @charlie.henderson , one if your team a few months ago polled people on Naim clothing. Some of these-ads would make some great t shirts or polo,s?

2 Likes

62645833_10218071620317388_3477060705134313472_o

:small_blue_diamond:I have not seen this before.
Chris Harris added it to a Naim Facebook group.

/Peder🙂

6 Likes

Yes, you need several bottles to numb the pain of the cost of the Naim.

1 Like

when I said we’d uncovered some gems… sitting on my desk right now :slight_smile:!

12 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Charlie…Whaoo,.now I get really jealous :smiley:.

/Peder🙂

1 Like

Olive oil?

1 Like

Prize for guessing the Muso 2 reveal?

My Favourite is :smiley:
Genuine Naim photo too on Ilford paper hence no advert wording. I do have a CB250 as well!

6 Likes

Maybe add a feature to the new streamer displays to cycle the old ads

1 Like

A few more I scanned from the collection a while back;

Control%20Yourself002small

Less%20And%20More%20Distortion001small

Great%20Naim001small

9 Likes

Well, this has made me think it might have all been so different, if I hadn’t of drawn this!!!

Dug out my original hand drawn sketches for naimcd001 which Paul S asked me create for the first naim disc released which was free with CD Review magazine in February 1992. Paul’s selection on this disc is very good and I often give this a disc a spin as it is quite exceptional.

As it was going to be ‘label’, I was a bit influenced by one of the ‘Blue Note’ designs and I liked the ‘Levi’s’ Red Tab’ too as a graphic - hence when it did eventually get used on printed material like the manuals and product guides I put it bleeding off at the edge of the page (like a tab).

A lot of my visuals were done very quickly before they were drawn accurately on the computer and these were no exception. I normally only submit one logo design at a time, to avoid clients picking one I least prefer but in this case there was some alternatives but I provided two versions of the one I liked and happily Paul and Julian went with the one I wanted them to!

All I provided was the logo artwork and position specification for the disc, and the magazine did the disc details layout - so they were responsible for the odd positioning of the other elements! The lettering colour I intended was meant to be white but I think either/or both PS and JV decided to change it.

Anyhow, this is where the design started and I couldn’t be prouder to sit listening to these World Class products with something I was part of, included on them. Thanks Paul and Julian!

7 Likes

I love these adorable calendar illustrations done by Julian’s wife?

Each month features a different department at Naim. I recognise a few. ( Paul & Guy )
I meant to frame these in my office but haven’t gotten around to it!
It’s kind of sad that Naim is no longer about whimsy and officially went onto shiny and bling.

My favorite ad is the one with Chrome 250 as a black piano key.

5 Likes

Make%20a%20Notesmall

8 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Another one…

/Peder🙂

8 Likes

A little off topic… but every time I look at my chrome bumper system I’m happy that I moved ‘back’ from the current design. Just a shame there isn’t a full-width CB pre.

Just need to convince myself to buy some fraim for it to get it off the Atacama. One day.

3 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Here a picture from where it all started.

This picture is from Chris Harris,Naim Facebook group.

/Peder🙂

2 Likes

This reminds me of the cartoons in The Flat Response. Same person ?

3 Likes

6 Likes