Do you have any components that are endgame for you?

And I thought my speakers are big (and as big as my room can handle). :flushed:

1 Like

You would be most unimpressed with us. We buy cheaper reds. Try to keep it under $10 a bottle. We have found some pretty decent American west coast Zins (which I like) and Pinot Noir (that she prefers) in the range. I mostly enjoy an IPA or two after a gravel bike ride with the buds. :slightly_smiling_face:

@JosquinDesPrez

Well, it seems we have a very common interest in audio toys, but maybe, not so much in the world of libation. Be that as it may, I have no doubt that if given the opportunity to spend time together, we would find common ground…perhaps a shiraz or an amber ale??

Looking for an excellent pillow-speaker system to see me out. The surge of interest must be coming. Hurry up!

What’s a pillow speaker system? If I may as dense to ask.

As I take increasingly to my bed, with deteriorating ears, an ambitiously-good, one-eared headphone setup I could doze upon that doesn’t bother anybody else in the room would be lovely. It does not preclude connecting to FM, NAS, and streaming sources, and controlling from iPhone.

Qute2 plus some unknown luxury speaker product, perhaps. Easily-found options look low-quality.

Not a fashionable market, I admit. But there is money waiting, here, at least.

1 Like

Without a doubt. I don’t lack taste. I’m just cheap after spending my disposable income on the toys I have and enjoy. :slightly_smiling_face:

I purchased my four Naim boxes and set of ProAc speakers as the system that would take me through my retirement years. So for now they are endgame.

…having lived long enough to know that all of life plans can easily be turned upside down or unseen/unplanned circumstances can bring about unexpected blessings, the end game may be adjusted as time passes by! :wink:

7 Likes

552DR, unless I downgrade or move away from Naim.

1 Like

Yes, it might be 552DR for me too - in the event of windfall/Eurolottery/rich uncle etc ! Otherwise - happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

LP12, other than the addition of a Karousel hopefully later this year, and NAT01. The amplification side may change along with the speakers when I hit retirement, maybe in 6 years. Time will tell if that’s up, down or sideways. As @seakayaker wisely says, all plans can be subjected to real world intervention.

@Mitch , not sure if you’re a Scotch only person but a pal of mine brought me an award winning Bains from South Africa which really was stunning. Long gone now sadly so I can’t post a pic to show you which one but I was most impressed.

1 Like

I used to think my 552 was end game, but your tastes evolve, and so after 5 to 10 years something else always comes along and tempts you…
My longest standing component are my ATC SCM19s… I have tried other speakers since but have always returned to them … they are very good but not perfect, but what is? Everything else I have heard short of around 70k just doesn’t sound as good or is impractical in my listening room… but I suspect something else will come along at some point.

I think my NAC 552 DR, NAP 500 DR, 555 PS DR and Fraim are probably end game but as @seakayaker says… You never know.

Prob my Nait 2 for the second system.

3 Likes

My Nat 05, and my Xerxes/Artemiz.

1 Like

Amp, Chord Ultima 6, can’t imagine what I would replace it with and what it would cost.

At this point $$ wise most of it is staying indefinitely (including my DAC V1), though the one piece, acquired last year for a steal, that I can say for sure will stay forever is my CB 160BD. Will probably need an expensive rebuild at some point, but it’s all I’ll ever need amp wise I’m sure.

My 3 Powerline Lites.

G

1 Like

All games end here :wink:

1 Like

Interested what you heard north of 70k that suited. Very strictly for academic purposes, but intrigued if they were ultra high end stand mounts?