Dodgy Naim Clone on eBay

@Naim.Marketing

I don’t think anybody on here would be fooled.

I’ve posted in Padded Cell so I could provide the link.

Brilliant. Not a current product, but the circuitboard is dated 2021 01 19, and has Chinese characters on it. Definitely the real deal.

1 Like

To be fair the guy is not breaking any eBay rules regarding descriptions. Caveat emptor!

@anon10403888 it does have a naim logo on the board!

1 Like

Granted. Specks on, now that’s some serious copyright issue.

1 Like

What?

I bought this. Was I wrong?

1 Like

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

1 Like

These are nothing new.

Certainly well discussed before…

I have made an exception and allowed the bay link. I trust nobody here would be daft enough to purchase such a thing.

It’s a clear breach of trademark, passing something off as Naim. I have reported it to eBay, as I’m sure some of you have already done so as well.

I know Naim take these things very seriously, as they should, and Clare and the team work hard to get such things removed, but I guess its a little bit like whack-a-mole at times…

6 Likes

An apt description, Richard! We are registered with eBay’s VeRo program to counteract fakes/copyright infringement, so will flag the listing.

Please all continue to share and report fakes as you see them. Thanks!

6 Likes

The seller has a few other listings too. Phono Boards etc

There seem to be quite a few phishing ads on eBay (there were 4 Moto Guzzi ones yesterday) or ads that seem fake.

It’s stopping me from buying anything of value unless I could go and collect it, if that were possible.

1 Like

There’s a 500 dr that keeps appearing but the pic is certainly not a 500!

What, a Moto Guzzi 500DR?
Sounds pokey!

! Nap500 dr but pic is XP’s or something… very short listing times too

The problem is getting a long enough Powerline to make it a viable form of transport.

1 Like

True

A New half width preamplifier with no case cover shown :laughing:

Only available in black