Does anyone have 2 turntables

Yes, old shellac 78s. Different speed, different stylus profile and a great many equalisation curves.

1 Like

No, in the main system I use a Superline, so MC only. However, if I need MM I have a Pure Sound P10 standing by.

1 Like

2 LP12s in my main listening room but will sell off one deck soon.

1 Like

Nice one!!

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s pretty good actually, and I’ve used the VM95E on another deck.

1 Like

It does, but it’s never had the chance to really shine yet.
Getting installed with its new Naim amps and Fraim connected to my new Dynaudio Evoke 50’s on Saturday.
Obviously everything is going to be really green and need hours of running in, but it’s a task I will relish😁

Can you give us an update on how it’s sounding once it’s got a few hours on it.

ABSOLUTELY!!:+1:t3:
Try and get me to shut up talking about it then!
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not 2 turntables but I’ve Kuzma Stabi SD with 2 arms. Stogi S 9 inch with Sound Smith Carmen MK II and Stogi S 12 inch with Lyra Helicon. I use modified quad twenty four p phono stage with 3 inputs option.

4 Likes

Two arms on my 301 here: Origin Live + AT33PTGii for best and Rega R200 with interchangeable headshells for mono/78/charity shop as appropriate. My NAC72 is fitted with both MC and MM boards so I can switch at will :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s brilliant and clever way to go about it. I wasn’t aware you could have MM and MC boards in the 72 that’s very interesting.

Tough one - but No! No vastly anything here! That 1987 LP12 was slightly better in ‘tuning’ to the melody (if that makes any sense) and in the detail retrieval in the mid/high frequencies perhaps (never needed to A/B them really) - That vintage LP12 though had that ‘coloration’ that was so persitent- lol. It could have been upgraded, but I did not want to spend the money on it. I am long retired, and currently more enthusiastic about simplified setups but of satisfying performance (and less expenditure- :joy:)!
Systemdek IIX + Music Hall speed controller sounded more neutral to me- ( i.e. I do not ‘hear the TT’ ) and at a fraction of the price on the after market.

ATB
B

2 Likes

I’m all for high performance simplified setups. At one time I did have a Unitilite, it did everything you could want but it didn’t satisfy me. Ended up with more Naim boxes but I think a well balanced system.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear another Systemdek playing up! I have been listening to replacements for mine recently, and whilst it can and will be improved upon, my IIXE isn’t being disgraced.

The slightly topic based comment is that I can hardly bear to sell the Systemdek after I decide on its replacement, but can also not justify having two decks side by side on the rack, or the Systemdek in the loft, so a decision one way or the other is looming! I suppose running both for a little while might let me really listen and appreciate the upgrade!??

2 Likes

I have a Pink Triangle PT 1 /Syrinx PU3 arm/Dynavector HUMC cartridge (SN3 Phono input) and a Clearaudio Concept MC turntable (with Stageline) both running on my system. The Clearaudio is more precise and detailed but the PT 1 has more oomph. So depending on what I am listening too determines which I use. It is certainly excess to requirement but I would never part with my PT 1. It is an object of profound beauty.

6 Likes

I have a Technics SL-1210GAE & Perpetuum Ebner 1010 mk2. I mostly just use the Technics, as on the PE I currently have a very cheap cart mounted of which I have a second one for the Technics so I could do an A/B. I’ve also used that to push dirt out of the grooves of a very dirty record.

As a removable headshell is so convenient, I’ve been too lazy to mount and align one of my better carts on the PE and have just been swapping headshells on the Technics from time to time as it’s so easy when I want something different.

2 Likes

Just one TT, and that’s all I’ll ever have. I rather put all my eggs in one basket in that regard, so I have the one best TT, arm and cartridge I can afford. I really don’t see the point of multiples, at least not from my perspective of things.

3 Likes

Yeah, I have a sweet mid spec LP12 on the main system - and a really nice vintage Planar2 on my home office system (powered by a UQ2). Great to have both, but they are not even really in the same universe.

1 Like

Only works like that with the early 72s that had 2 sets of bnc inputs. The later 72s only had the one set of bncs and an extra din input, marked cd.
Being greedy ive got both types!

1 Like

You could still fit the two sets of phono boards and connect the second deck to the ‘CD’ input I believe.

1 Like