Does E = DV² ...?

?? - Is this near Moorgate…?

Moorgate Acoustics are in Sheffield. I will be going through Glossop (assuming the Snake Pass (A57)) is open on the way there and the M62 on the way back.

Glossop residents are begging for a bypass, traffic really is awful as they are the gateway to the Peak District National Park from the Manchester side of the Pennines.

1 Like

The day began at 06:00! At around 6:30 it became obvious that my 32 year old didn’t want to charge its battery. Some “percussion maintenance” and a clean of the terminals on the back of the alternator meant we were OK to go with a keen eye on the voltmeter.

We arrived at Moorgate just before 11am.

I’ve only played a couple of records with my new Krystal/T-Kable and I have to say it’s really musical and involving. Much more refinement than the 10x, bass is much better too.

4 Likes

Approximately double the price of a DV 10X, I think…? Actually a tad more… :sunglasses:

PS. My possibly cunning plan, is that having found a set of Naim 523 boards, I have more options, should I decide to diverge from the DV path… :wink:

1 Like

I’ve waited over thirty years to put a Linn MC into my Ittok that was bought secondhand and had been drilled for a Troika - later Ittoks already had the 3 point mounting.
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In comparison, my Ittok was bought ‘new’ (only £253) back in 1982. I already had a DV10X…
Just over a year later I bought a Linn Asak - and the 10X was kept in its box…

FFW, to 2001 and I bought another, newer 10X (trading in my previous one) - having had my Linn Asaka removed. The Asaka sold easily to the Bay Place.

I still have my 2001 DV10X. It may be traded for a newer one…

Full circle… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Think I am going to go with Plan B.

Darran is too busy to do a While You Wait, so - as 523 boards are no size or weight, I am now planning on posting them to him.

My Lingo is working, so it can wait a bit longer… :wink:

Sorry, what was Plan B? :face_with_hand_over_mouth::smiley:

If you could cope without Vinyl for a short while you could get the Lingo serviced and the mains input sorted along with the 523s :+1:
It’s great spending other people’s money :rofl:

Plan B is to post the 523 Boards.

Plan A was to visit Darran and get both 523’s and the Lingo done.

I could post the Lingo (not a prob not having it for a bit)…
But I don’t want to… :expressionless:

1 Like

Boards now boxed, ready to post to Sheffield… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Boards have now arrived in Sheffield… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hoping for an update shortly, on my 523 E boards… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Drat and darnation. Wrong resistor values received by Class A from Naim. Correct resistors being found by Naim & posted north… :thinking:

Drat and double drat! :triumph:

1 Like

Boards now converted, by @Darran at Class A.

Return & testing expected soon… :slightly_smiling_face:

PS. Msg received from UPS… Could be…?

1 Like

So, it begins…

My 82, with the 522 boards just removed -

523 E boards due later, today…

1 Like

Make all four connectors are properly on the mainboard pins. Sometimes they can slide to one side.

To have that problem… would be nice… :angry:

I think the ‘U’ in UPS stands for Useless, or Unreliable…

82 now back together sans any Phono boards…

From CD…

PS. Like a watched Kettle which never boils, I expect UPS will arrive any minute now…
Where is it currently 1pm…?

Odd; UPS are normally OK, you have a tracking reference?

1 Like

Checked with Darran. Was only collected by UPS today…

So… UPS’s msg was nonsense… :angry:

Perhaps tomorrow, between 9am & 1pm…? :rofl:

Will leave my 82 as is (back together) until the E Boards actually arrive…