Does shorting inputs help or hurt?

Guys … look at post #14.

I have NO idea! What did you do, exactly? When you posted, no specific instructions had been posted in earlier posts

I had read it.

You said speaker inputs (not sure why, when clearly you’d hear nothing): did you disconnect the amp (and not rconnect amp with speakers still shorted)?

And you haven’t clarified if inputs were unconnected and unselected when you shorted them?

And I trust you didn’t short the power amp input when it was powered up and connected to (unshorted) speakers?

Meanwhile, please clarify the source of the smoke.

Guys guys! It was an attempt to provide some levity in these dark times.
Obviously, I failed. We all need to get out more. :joy:

Yeah that failed. Your fellow forumers care!

When lockdown is over we’ll be booking more comedy nights. Do you fancy a slot?

After this response, what do you think?

You’d probably be better than some of the acts…

Haha, mr electronics and network tech, @raym55 I figured this when you said speaker inputs. :rofl: Still thank you for giving me a sleepless night.

…wondering what you should replace your broken mini all-in-one system with. Even that doesn’t have a speaker in. May be it’s a REL! :rofl:

That’s what I thought (hence my is hell silent reply) - until your later response seemed to suggest you might have been for real.

Just goes the show this forum has some genuinely nice caring people. :innocent:

Not exactly the same thing but I just cleaned the contacts on my cameras and lenses. Look how much crap came off! I kid you not! Camera was reporting ERR occasionally indicating contact issue between camera and lens. No more!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.