Does this sound harsh to you?

Can someone confirm that this track sounds harsh or whether it’s just my system/ hearing. Thanks

The electronic effects on that track do jar but perhaps they are not harsh to my ears.

1 Like

Not harsh - very synthesised apart from her voice, which sounds natural for the genre with some synthesised surrounds.

Phil

What happens when you hang a blanket over your TV to reduce reflections?

I’m assuming you’re serious. Can TV in the middle really affect sound. I do sometimes find top end shrillness depending on tracks. As I said don’t know whether system or hearing (or room)

I didn’t find the song especially harsh … but there was several instances of sibilance on her vocals

This is something I have found quite noticeable with my Kudos Titan 505, they share the same drivers as your 606

I find the speakers can be very ruthless and can sound quiet forward and bright on the wrong music ( as in music that doesn’t suit their presentation ) I have managed to tame this with some DSP eq. But cant do anything about the sibilance

Sibilance is something that drives me mad … and its random … some songs perfect with sweet soaring highs, the next ear bleeding rasping.

Not sure if this is what you are hearing ?

You’ve hit the nail on the head Fred. Sometimes sounds beautiful sometimes ear splitting. I do wonder if 606 are the issue for me personally

Excuse the ignorance but what is sibilance?. I assume top end harshness or shrill as I described. I just found certain parts of that track made me jump

Hi, sorry for the delay.

I’m very serious. I’ve seen a photo of your room and the tv is bang in the middle of your loudspeakers. This means that reflections will affect the sound.

I wonder if the sibilance you experience is related to certain frequencies and that songs in the same tonality have the same issue.

1 Like

Sibilance is an emphasis on some words…sounds like a smeared ‘sssssssss’ at the beginning of the word.
Sssnake…

Most interesting. Thanks for this information. Very helpful

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.