Double Osteotomy

We’ll folks, I’ve just come out of theatre after a double osteotomy on my left leg. 6 weeks of crutches with mild weight bearing to come, swiftly followed by the same procedure on my right leg.
If you are wondering what that is, the pic is a good illustration. It’s effectively a correction of my severely “triple” varus legs.
It should prolong the shelf life of my knees for another 15-20 years before the inevitable knee replacements. And hopefully pain free as weight bearing will now go through the good half of my knees as opposed to bone on bone on the inside half. Plus I will be an inch taller…happy days :joy:
I have no doubt this forum will be an even more welcome refuge in my hours of boredom over the coming weeks so just wanted to say thank you advance.

3 Likes

Wishing you a full and complication-free recovery and many years of being pain-free.

Oh and of course an enjoyable time on the forum.

3 Likes

It’s a bit worrying that they also seem to have deleted something in the middle - perhaps the anaesthetic hasn’t worn off yet, so you can’t tell…

2 Likes

:joy:didn’t want to break forum rules after one of my mates pointed it out

Wishing you well. Hopefully doesn’t require the non-consumption of the red stuff.

2 Likes

I’ve actually voluntarily committed to dry October to aid recovery. I’ll have to vicariously enjoy a few glasses via the wine thread.

1 Like

Is there a forum rule about what X-rays posted here may or may not show?!

Anyway I hope it goes well and I’m glad it’s not me!

Best

David

1 Like

Hope all goes well.

1 Like

Best wishes for a quick recovery!

AC

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.