Driverless Cars?

We have an i3 too. It has conventional cruise only though. Was yours an optional extra? What you describe doesn’t sound like adaptive cruise to me.

The EV6 allows you to use paddles to dial up more Regen as you approach a junction, from off all the way to full ‘one pedal’ that will bring you to a halt. Smooth, and rather satisfying to use. In adaptive cruise it will do pretty early anticipation of traffic ahead etc and stop the car nice and progressively if necessary, with Regen and conventional braking according to the degree of slowing needed. It won’t detect a red traffic light unless someone is stopped ahead though.

Bruce

Oh no … that means that most of us will probably only be experiencing driverless cars thru the annoying/dangerous transition and integration stage, which could take a long time.

Driverless cars? I’m still waiting for our bloody jetpacks.

6 Likes

Willy had one! :wink:

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be useful if a stolen car can be programmed to return to its rightful owner? And preferably to lock the doors and excavate the air inside?

1 Like

Yes, that has been disappointing …

1 Like

Don’t worry, it will soon be like Blade Runner.

3 Likes

Suggestions now that young drivers under 25 may not be able to carry similar aged passengers for 6-12 months after their test.

So, spending an hour on the back seat of the car with this week’s girlfriend is going to be confined to mum and dad’s driveway, rather than some quiet country lane …

2 Likes

How would sensor-based “driverless” cars cope with snowy roads/conditions I wonder?

If my BMW’s parking sensors get a bit of snow or ice covering even one of them, there is a lot of bleeping and false warnings on the camera screen.

:rofl:

Back when we may have had stamina :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.