Drums sound

Daft Punk: Random Access Memories

Track: Contact

Amazing drum solo and from a bizarre album that is electronica without the electronica - i.e. all played for real by humans. This very long drum solo track is pure fireworks.

1 Like

Birdman OST.

Great album

1 Like

10 hours running in my new PMC 25.23’S and Nova. Played the Free track by Primal Scream, turned it up! The wife thought they were in the room… thanks Dave, exquisite!

2 Likes

Is this on Quboz/Tidal? I’m curious about this track and others with nice drum sounds

I found it on tidal. But only the track, not the album… but I need to have the album in my life if that track is anything to go by. Enjoy.

2 Likes

Strange, I’m not seeing it. I’ll keep trying. I’m in the US so maybe it’s a regional thing.

Its in qobuz at least in the uk.

1 Like

It’s available on both here in the UK.

Yeah, now found in tidal and quobuz, not sure why I could not see it in Tidal. I know what I’m doing later now :grinning:

2 Likes

No worries, thanks all.

Just played the same track again on my main system. That is a much more powerful setup than my Atom/Iotas and, played loud, the physical effect of the drum beats can be felt. Obviously, it’s unreasonable to expect this with an Atom, but the balance for example of drums vs singer is essentially the same. The Atom is a great little box, but not renowned for bass impact, unless perhaps you pair it with extremely sensitive speakers. But within that limitation I do think it is telling you the truth of what is on the recording.

Roger

2 Likes

My Star shouldn’t be too far off from the Atom sound signature. My Dyns are not sensitive but they are ’ forward’ in delivering mid bass punch in my small listening room. Which I think is the frequency area of the drums ’ weight’ (assuming you are not missing out on the cymbals) Either that or very sensitive speakers (agree with Peakman on that one) should do the job too for the Atom?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.