DSOTM, lp, cd, or SACD or master tape?

To follow a recent thread on Dark Side of the Moon . I like also this channel. A recent review from him on the best cd transports still available is well done too.

2 Likes

Interesting… Thank you for posting this… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your profile is hidden, so I can’t ask you if your favourite version is on lp or not. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry… I do not know what you mean…???

I only have 2 versions of DSOTM. The original UK LP - and the Mobile Fidelity (MFSL) Half Speed Master LP.

I do not own a CD copy - but I do have the Echoes ‘Best Of’ 2 CD set, with most of the key DSOTM tracks on it.

2 Likes

I have a cd that’s about 25 years old and recently bought a hi res (96/24 WAV) copy from HD Tracks. There’s been a bit of chatter about which is the best recording but I definitely think the hi res file is better. I’m sure there’ll be a few that disagree.

1 Like

I have a mfsl gold cd from the master tapes……still my digital preference.

1 Like

frenchrooster

I said that I can’t see what is your system, as your profile is hidden. So didn’t know if you have a turntable. Now I know.

Its not hidden. Its blank.

I have the Scottish Turntable… And a number of Naim boxes, few of which are current… :thinking:

1 Like

Funny how tastes vary… I have the MFSL Gold too, and I find it rather soft.

1 Like

I’m not a huge PF fan but DSOTM is a great record I’ve just one copy a vinyl reissue from about 10 years ago that sounds very good.

In that video that guy boasts about how good his system is… but elsewhere he does a tour of his gear, and apart from the Telefunken and Studer R2Rs, the Nak Dragon and (maybe) the Oppo 105, it’s not all that: a SL1200 and an AVI integrated as TT and amp respectively?

Not so sure…

1 Like

I have only the original lp and a high res from Qobuz. The lp is so much better.

He has the Oppo with an RME dac, so not bad. As for turntable, I saw a Kuzma R on one of his video. ATC SM35 for speakers. Are you sure the amp is AVI?

That guy’s got a better system than 99.9% of the population. Most of us here have got better systems than 99.999%. It’s all relative!

Mark

2 Likes

I have the Analogue Productions SACD, an original CD, and an original (35+ year-old, Japanese pressing) MOFI 33 1/3 vinyl - still in fantastic condition and by far my favourite version. Didn’t know there was a half-speed version

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.