Dust removal - Tweeter SBL

At this rate we will have the original poster going into flat spin :joy:

I have mentioned that i have the experience. Without trying to sound rude, you obviously do not.:wink:

:rofl:

Brush yes - Hoover 
 even if possible 
 my mind will go into flatline :slight_smile:

Why do I feel like I’m listening to a Jimi Hendrix tune

I have tried to offer a solution, those that wish not to see, change your glasses, or wet wipes. Good day.

Here he comes
?:rofl:

Wet wipes are not good for the coating of the lense. Best to use soap and water :wink:

Told youđŸ€Ł

What are you on about buddy?:thinking:

Fortunately Stephen with the appropriate skill and transducers (sensors) one can recover from a flat spin :joy:

Please explainđŸ€Ș

Ooh delicate transducers - scary.

Just offering @drago the benefit of my experience which unfortunately does not extend to cleaning the dust off tweeters with a hoover :wink:

You’ve offered nothing apart from trolling me. Oh, you’re one of those ‘pink finger’ guys right?

Not at all Stephen. I simply suggested the original poster contacted scanspeak before taking a hoover to his tweeters. They should be competent to answer yes or no. Sorry you feel like that. No trolling from me but yes to a bit of fun and why not.

I have given my competent answer. Do you really know how tweeters or drive units are really built in a factory environment? :thinking:

Hey guys - all is fine here!
Thanks to you both!
When it come to naim, I am not known for my courageous approach :slight_smile:

wet clean or hovering will not be my way.
Even with the smoothest brush in mind - brings sweat to my forehead :slight_smile:

By the way - do not think, that there is much sound degradation with a bit fluff on a over 30 year old tweeter. Years and aging will do more I think.

Cleaning and maintenance:
Scan-speak’s products are designed to last for a very long time. Sometimes a product gets dusty or dirty after many years of use, so here ́s a guideline on how to remove dirt and dust.
Looking through Scan-Speaks wide product range reveals a great variety of materials used. Some are relatively fragile and require very careful cleaning, others are more robust. Each material listed below with instructions for cleaning without the risk of causing damage.
Paper (cones and dust caps):
Dust can usually be removed with a soft paintbrush or a dry cloth.
Please do NOT use any chemicals, cleaning agents or water to clean such cones; it can cause irreversible visual damage to the cone and may alter the mechanical properties depending on the pulp used.
Textile (diaphragms and surrounds):
Dust can usually be removed with a soft paintbrush or low pressure air flow.
Please do NOT use any chemicals, cleaning agents or water to clean such diaphragms; it can cause irreversible damage to the diaphragm.
Beryllium (diaphragms):
In Scan-Speak tweeters Beryllium dome diaphragms are always placed behind protective grills. Thus a Beryllium diaphragm doesn ́t usually get dirty or dusty, and even if it did, it would not be an easy task to clean it.
For you own safety we do not recommend removing the protective grills in front of Beryllium dome diaphragms.
Fiberglass and Kevlar (cones):
Dust can be removed with a soft paintbrush or a dry cloth.
Please do NOT use any chemicals, cleaning agents or water to clean such cones; it can cause irreversible visual damage to the cone.
Rubber and foam (surrounds):
Rubber surrounds can usually be cleaned with a damp (not wet) cloth, but please be careful not to touch the cone with a damp cloth, as it may not be as robust as its surround.
Some rubber surrounds tend to become a bit “white” over time; this is due to chalk (Calcium residue) that evaporates from the surround itself. It can most often be removed by wiping it with a damp cloth. If that doesn ́t clean the surface sufficiently, we recommend using a “vinyl cleaner” of the same type as used for cleaning dashboards in cars. Spray it on a cloth and wipe the rubber surround gently. This should remove the white chalk and it will prevent the surround from turning white for a longer time. Never spray directly on the driver.
Aluminium (baskets and faceplates):
Can be cleaned with a damp cloth, if that is not enough a window cleaner (windex) sprayed on a
cloth will usually do the trick. Never spray directly on the driver.
Plastics (faceplates and phase plugs):
Can be cleaned with a damp cloth, if that is not enough a window cleaner (windex) sprayed on a cloth will usually do the trick. “Vinyl cleaner” on a cloth can also be used instead of window cleaner.

1 Like

French kiss works well for Naim

2 Likes

:rofl: