Dylan sells his catalogue - worth > $300m

After the career Crosby has had, to be still having to work at 75, and paying a mortgage, smacks of some unfortunate life style choices or p**s poor financial planning. To be reliant upon Spotify streaming income in his case is something I find it difficult to sympathise with. Still, I did buy all my CSNY albums on CD, so he’s had some of my cash!

I love Crosby but reading Graham Nash’s bio it’s clear where his money went.

2 Likes

Er it was Crosby but his lifestyle choices did suck , and indeed they also got right up his nose

1 Like

Yup, edited, but I guess I could have stuck in any one of a thousand names and the meaning wouldn’t have altered one iota.

Perhaps Bob was down to his last 50m, its a tough life at the top

300 million chords and the truth - we all sell out in the end if the price is right.

We shall see…

1 Like

‘Judas’ last time, but pop and rock critic Will Hodgkinson called him ‘Croesus’ in yesterday’s Times

What do critics know?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

He doesn’t need the money. Don’t you know the man? Expect philanthropic gestures. Not to mention looking after his family.

Getting back to Bob, his homage to Jack Kennedy on ‘Rough and Rowdy Ways’, for me is more than justification for his Nobel prize. Add to that his incredible ability to tell a story in song e.g. ‘Lily,Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts’, with the wonderful line ‘the only person on the scene missing was the jack of hearts’.
For me, Bob is one of the most important songwriters since Schubert, another of my favourites, albeit in a very different genre.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.