eBay buyers beware

Always happy to cash-on-collect (especially if a cup of coffee & hi-fi chat is involved). From Southampton, I’ve done Yeovil, Cheltenham, Maidstone…my record being to Preston to buy some Meridian DSP5000 speakers.

The latter included an end-of-year-1 pick-up at Daughter#1’s college in the middle of Oxford to load half of her stuff (and her) into Mum’s TT, and the rest into the A6, of course leaving a sufficient space in the boot for the speakers.

That was a long day, LOL

eBay is for fools, don’t use it.

Yep, I am a fool. 435 purchases, only one duff one.

Idiotic statement.

9 Likes

Ridiculous statement. Sold and bought many things. Had more issue with retailers than ebay users.

1 Like

I sold my nap 300dr on eBay. And my SME 20/2. They don’t pay the seller if the buyer didn’t received the product and accepted it. So eBay is serious today. Better pay with PayPal, which gives another insurance.
However they took me 400 euros vs the 6700 for the 300 dr I sold. The only problem for me with eBay.

Like any source eBay is not perfect, but I’ve had very few problems in getting on for 20 years, buying and selling hundreds of things, from cheap to expensive - certainly no more problems on balance than other online sources, or indeed buying in shops. But it is an expensive way to sell, and it is not as good as it used to be from the seller’s point of view, indeed I think the balance has swung too far in favour of protecting the purchaser, so the seller can lose out quite significantly with a dishonest buyer (among other things, a seller can’t give a buyer negative feedback).

2 Likes

That is exactly what has happened innocent bystander
eBay wanted to build confidence for the buyer …so they pitched everything in favour of the buyer at the expense of the seller
eBay don’t care about this …as 95%+ of sales on eBay are now from commercial sellers and retailers
They HAVE to be on eBay …and HAVE to put up with the sh#t that eBay dishes out to them…but as an occasional private seller…I get caught up in this unless I protect myself with (what might seem like) quite prohibitive terms of sale

Don’t get me wrong… something needed doing…but not the wholesale feeding the seller to the wolves that eBay has done for the last few years
Mind you… Amazon is no different… probably just as bad for the seller really

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.