Eero Mesh & Naim App Issues

I doubt the switch is doing anything. Can you connect it, or the ND555, to one of your Eeros instead of to your router?

Definately check to make sure you don’t have more than one DHCP server running on your LAN (the original one on your router and potentially a default new one the Eero system has setup)
You’ll likely want the Eero Wi-Fi mesh to act as a bridge to your router and for that router to handle most of the networking features including dynamically allocating IP addresses to clients with a DHCP server.
Another test you can do is check the IP address using the Naim remote and check the Network settings on the screen on the ND555.
Try to connect to that same IP address using the browser on the phone your Naim app is installed on, if your phone is able to connect using a browser to the ND555 on its IP address then the Naim app itself is a likely culprit. This address will be in the following format:

http://IP_ADDRESS_ND555/naim/index.fcgi

Where IP_ADDRESS_ND555 will be something like 192.168.1.20

Uninstall the Naim app, power off and restart your phone and then reinstall the Naim app again as an additional step.

2 Likes

Switching the Eero to bridge mode did the trick.

Thanks for your advice and help (and everyone else).

3 Likes

Gosh sorry Chris I didn’t see this thread until now. I also run an Eero Mesh network and yeah I run mine in bridge mode only because I have a few computers that I don’t want visible. I have a router that dishes out ipaddresses etc.

1 Like

Chris:

I didn’t feel competent to guide you, but your path should be memorialized where others can find it. Maybe in the FAQ?

I have had Eero and like it for speed and simplicity. My next step is a wired ethernet. You have to make the two work together or you are losing ground. Congratulations.

Can you hear any improvement so far?

Skip

2 Likes

My ND555 is hard wired (ethernet) so I’m not expecting any sound change with the Eero. The rebuild of the media cabinet did no harm to the sound… But I don’t listen to that much digital anymore since I got the Solstice.

1 Like

May I ask what the problem was with your Google mesh setup?
Why did your dealer persuade you to change?

The Google mesh didn’t play well with the upgrades done to the media junction box. Dealer suggested the Eero as a solution and confirmed last night that “bridge-mode” was required for the ND555.

2 Likes

Glad to hear you’re all sorted now and back up and running.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.