Email from signals: end of NAC-N 272

Of course 272 can be improved. The cancel it due to limitations :blush:

1 Like

Seems to me that this perfectly illustrates the problem with developing technologies, if you wish to keep up, you’re going to have to keep buying new kit. And it may not only be about keeping up, what was the next big thing swiftly becomes redundant and perhaps of no use whatsoever. And I speak as a 272 owner.

Which is fine, if you want to do this and can afford to, not so much if you don’t/can’t and eventually the software dries up rendering your old tech. useless.

Otoh, my 20 + year old cd player and turntable have plenty of software to keep them busy🙂

3 Likes

It’s a shame all of these 272’s are now useless.

1 Like

The 272 can live forever if you add third part streamer to it using it as a dac/preamp. That is my plan short term. Currently it fulfils all my needs using tidal and Spotify though.

2 Likes

OK here’s a slightly longer version.
So Naim discontinue a product, followed by an analysis of the source and wording of the announcement to speculate if there may be a hidden meaning regarding a potential successor :sleeping: :sleeping:
The answer is that Naim do not reveal their future product plans so nobody knows for certain.
Anybody who still wants a 272 can still get one at reduced price.
So perhaps you could enlighten on what’s left to say?

2 Likes

Indeed I was contemplating getting a Headline 2… I guess I will need to scan the used market…

1 Like

Or look for a dealer selling off their ex-dem model.

Ok we understand – from now on we shall consult with you to see if threads should be maintained, or closed.

With respect to the 272, and future plans, many GAF, that’s W.

2 Likes

Oh you know what I mean

N272 attracts more potty-mouth per thread than any other topic!

My point exactly. The streamer element will eventually become redundant as will the replacement one …!

As to the end of the Dac V-1, it does seem like a product without a niche in 2020.

Maybe it’s just you😂

Interesting about the Headline. I’ve got an “olive” being powered by a “black” NAPSC. Is there much difference (apart from the case :grinning:) between the olive & black Headlines? (driving Sennheiser HD650)

Your Hugo probably drives most headphones rather well…

Yes indeed. The Headline2 is more capable than the original, particularly with tricky impedance phones like the Senn HD600/650.

Ah well, there goes the pension fund! :smiley: :grin:

1 Like

Let’s hope the fund is larger than £529! Though with the way things have been going this week, who knows?

Quite! Mine is from a very large aerospace company. SWMBO’s is the LGPS, with which you should be familiar.

The LGPS is a wonderful thing indeed.