Endeavour

Agree on that one, apart from the growing naff’r story lines that clearly show they are scrapping the bottom of the slurry pit, and even naff’r imaginary village life stuff, we are fed up with film crews taking over the pubs all day for a 5 minute scene.

Is it possible for them to grow naff’r? They started from a very low base in the first place. :grin:

I like it when they can’t tell the difference between the Parochial Church Council and the Parish Council …

Have they ever drowned anybody in the slurry pit? Imagine Ms Badland doing the autopsy on that?

I have a friend who is adamant that Joyce Barnaby is the greatest undetected mass murderer on British TV. His theory is based on the fact wherever she turned up , whether as a TV extra , bookclub member murders would follow. Then her husband would turn up arrest some poor hard working member of Equity and she would move on to be followed by another murder and the pattern would repeat.

1 Like

Oo’ar, der’s never no bottom wiv er naff’r barrel

Oops. Someone in last nights’ episode described someone else as “confused.com”.

In 1970?

Yes I thought I heard the same, I assumed it was a misheard at the time.
I spotted a distant UHF TV aerial last night - must see the doc about getting some anti-nerdish pills, getting out more might help

1 Like

I am going to stick my neck out and make a prediction. I think that couple that have got friendly (in different ways…) with Morse are going to scam him. They both seem a bit too eager to ingratiate themselves with him. No idea why though. Lets see if I am right!

That has been my thought - Endeavour didn’t actually seem to know this guy when they first met. And I can’t see why he would be interested in being a friend of Endeavour, really. They move in totally different kinds of circle. Not sure about his wife - if that’s what she really is.

… and bearing in mind the opening scene from the first episode.

Morse in what appeared to be a military police interrogation room… being interrogated…

Right then. I have given this a lot of thought and I reckon:

1. The sultry love interest of Morse and the former friend is in fact the sister and not the wife of the friend.
  2. Morse has killed the love interest of the former friend when serving in the Army or believed to have killed her probably in Aden or somewhere overseas.
  3. The sultry lover is conflicted because she knows what her brother is planning to do but finds herself falling in love with Morse.
  4. Morse knows all this and is keeping his cards close to his chest as he is wont to do and will reveal all in the last 2 minutes and 23 seconds of the final episode in the series…

I nearly bought this Angela Lansbury T-shirt.

3 Likes

Interesting. Not sure about 4, but the others are feasible.

You may recall her from A Very Peculiar Practice.

The one and only television series which has ever affected my weekly schedule.

2 Likes

Just watched number 3 (which is brilliant, BTW) and…

SJT wins the internet!!

Well done, sir. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

A Very Peculiar Practice is one of my all time favourites too, although the young Polish woman who’s name escapes me, was my particular reason to watch it.

Best

David

1 Like

Thank you! I am going to be very smug the rest of the day now!!

It was rather good - shame it was only 3 parts this year. Its interesting watching him transform into the old Morse.

I wonder when he is going to buy the red Jag - this was in the pilot episode in a car dealer so if it is still there after all this time it can’t be very good!

As a side note, in the original series’ early episodes, when Morse got angry I swear I could detect a bit of Inspector Regan…

1 Like

Westwood and Mason! I knew Julian and Nigel through a mutual friend and, assisted by a very generous discount, I bought my first Naim system from them in 1988; shoe box NAC/NAP with EPOS 14s. I have a script ready for Endeavour - fatal coronary deliberately induced by handing a fake Naim price list, announcing a 29% price cut, to the intended victim at the top of those steep stairs which I seem to recall led down to the demo room.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.