English Electric 8Switch

Not sure how I feel about this. Likely works for others.

Me neither. It’s a good size lump and presumably a lot more dosh

I struggle to see why someone would need 16 ports in an “audio” switch. Just get a Netgear or similar for 30 euros for the other stuff and plug an 8switch into it, one would think. Assuming that the 8 and the 16 version are otherwise the same, as usual there is not an abundance of actual information on the EE page

4 Likes

I struggle to see why anyone would need 8 ports in a “audio” switch :eyes: :thinking:

2 Likes

Only 1 in 1 out is good enough!

1 Like

Seems it’s two 8p switches in one box….I’m good. 1 is sufficient

I felt the same way until I asked my dealer for a demo. So the set up is as follows: router to Cisco 8 port switch then connection to EE8Switch and use just the one connection, Chord C Stream Cable, and connect to NDX 2. My experience was instant improvement in the sound of the music. My system, my room, my ears.

After listening for a week I called the dealer and gave him my CC number. Perhaps not for everyone but for me was an uplift in the performance. A complete mystery on how it works! …life is full of mysteries…

5 Likes

Well, it kind of makes sense as a little switch for all the media stuff instead of a normal one. I have my TV stuff plugged in, and so on. 16 is pushing it

1 Like

Agreed. I don’t have ‘that’ many devices to be honest. Most of them do just fine wirelessly. (I think Stephen_Tate was being fictitious)

2 Likes

Right :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you are correct after looking at @Stephen_Tate profile I noticed he has a EE8. I should look before I leep more often… :wink:

1 Like

It will settle in and improve over time.

It certainly has! A nice boost in clarity

2 Likes

£1,000 out of the wallet - Gulp! :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Since the EE 16Switch uses (2) separate TCXO clocks, maybe both banks can be connected in series using a very short run to take advantage. Paul Pang offers a Dual and Quad OCXO switch, based on a similar configuration. paul.pang.PNG

Definitely my next upgrade now i have a pukka streamer -the Nd5xs2.

You definitely are not getting the best out of your ethernet connection without an audiophile switch and the EE suits my budget. I have a Core as well so that will benefit too.

No longer an icing on the cake type upgrade, but pretty essential once you have a good streaming front end in place.

2 Likes

£2,000, you need to have them in tandem for the best sound quality.

1 Like

@Mike_S, if you follow other related threads, 2 are still not good enough, plus a ton of PSUs and wall plugs, etc.

2 Likes

Buy now, email from AudioT this morning, there is a price increase soon

I dread post Covid price increases.

May need to visit the Marantz forum instead in future.

1 Like