English Electric 8Switch

I agree that congrats is probably not the most appropriate term.
But what would be another expression to say to the new owner that he has bought something cool and you are glad for him?
In France we say also « Felicitations ! ».

Hi FR, I know, I just find it all a bit gushing, how about, “cool, how does it sound?”

But if it’s something we know already, as the 500 dr?

Congratulations: an expression of joy in the success or good fortune of another.

1 Like

Felicity is also an archaic form which means good fortune.

The EE switch hasn’t reached my dealer yet though he had the Bonn 8N . I hooked it up a week ago compannioned with a S Booster LPS. Cold out of the box it beats the cascaded cisco cathalyst. Now its sings like a ‘box upgrade’ . Great fun😀

4 Likes

Look forward to yuor comparison with the EE8, when it arrives.

Is the Bonn 8N on loan until the EE8Switch arrives, or did you buy it instead of the unavailable EE8 ?

Has anyone had a peek inside the Melco switch to see what they have done?

Well, I’m certainly not opening my demo model, but there are several pictures online. Here is one:

Thanks Michael was just looking myself online…to a numpty like me it does look different than the EE/ silent angel. Perhaps someone with much more knowledge than me can offer some thoughts on what Melco are doing?

It’s on loan. The EE switch is not yet deliverebel at my Naim dealer en problebly won’t be for the coming month. I can’t loan it for that period of time so I decided to buy the set. I can’t go back to the cascaded cisco by now and wait a couple of months ; I like this upgrade to much.
I only used it with the sbooster lps so far but also wil try the standard switched ps on this.
Still interested in other forumreaders who want to compare it to the EE.

Greetings. Gerben.

When you say cascaded Ciscos, how many did you have and were they in PoE configuration, or just wired in series and each plugged in with its own IEC power cord?

1 Like

Which version of the three they offer - looks like it is the top one?

DB.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the top one, the Pinnacle. They customized it for the ER . It’s really a big uplift vs stock ER ps. The Uptone lp 1.2 was a minor uplift.
I can’t praise it more, it’s a must! The sound became so natural, easy going, and bombastic when it needs to be.
Of course all improved, as bass , details…openness…dynamics…but the most shocking is how natural and right all sounds now.

They also offer a specific ’ LPS For Uptone Audio EtherREGEN’ in three versions, so it was confusing as to which it was.

Since the top version of this is a bit under the price for the ‘Pinnacle’ version I was wondering what any difference was and if either would be better than the other.

Good to know - I’m a little away from trying a new SP on my ER so looking at the likely candidates.

DB.

hi how do you have your etherregen set up with your melco?? interested as a fellow melco user or is it gains from streaming from quobuz you are hearing?

I asked what would be their best lps for the Etheregen. They said me the Pinnacle, which I have now.
Can’t say for other lps they sell.

1 Like

I just checked. These are new, not available 2 months ago. Mine is option 3. Seems identical to Pinnacle. But better ask them is there is difference between option 3 and Pinnacle. Mine costed 50 Pounds more.

That is what I was thinking from a quick reading of it.
But since you are finding it all went well and a worthwhile improvement these are on my list to consider ahead - thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

DB.

1 Like