English Electric 8Switch

I don’t think this will be happening. It’s more than good enough for my needs.

1 Like

That’s the spirit, you’ll be in music heaven!

1 Like

Not sure that is reason to purchase such a product :grinning:

Have you found the magic money tree?

NAC 282 you say?
NAP 250, a 300 surely!

And so the fun continues :slight_smile:

Price doesn’t seem to put folks off regardless!

Just stumbled across it and thought it might be of interest as a point of comparison.

I think if folks are happy with the results and are still putting food on the table and paying the mortgage it’s all fair in hifi bonkery land…

4 Likes

Great news and does make a very meaningful difference to the setup it would go in to.
Spin up another thread once it kicks off and let us all know how you get on, happy days.

2 Likes

Nope. This is it, last piece. I can only use three plug sockets no matter what. Those are my orders to myself. I’m going to give it time though, not sure if i want to rush right in just yet and pull the pin. I’m still in a bit of a spin from all of the recent changes. I’m now in a position to call the shots, that’s all. Christmas is looming so am going wait a while, see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wish i had otherwise i would go for a 555 DR instead. :rofl:

It would be interesting to compare the English Electric to the Bonn Silent Angel to the Numprime Omnia Sw-8

I can’t imagine there would be a lot in it. I’d have to be stoned to do such a test, let alone do a ‘blind man’s bluff’.

With the EE 8Switch one is entitled to a 30 day money back guarantee. A no brainer if you ask me. Trust me it’s better than a Cisco 2960 with eyes and ears wide open.

1 Like

for me though it really has to make sense from an engineering point of view to warrant a trial…?

calling @Simon-in-Suffolk

I’m using no switch at all despite having a 2960, long BJ Cat6A direct from router to NDX2, seems fine to me

Hang on a couple months ago the Cisco 2960 were the ducks nuts. Now they’re in landfill and been replaced by the EE8 Switch which it’s seems is a knock off of a cheaper Chinese switch (if I’m reading things correctly).

God I’m glad I didn’t rush out and replace my switches with the Cisco’s.

4 Likes

As you have posted the 1000th post in this thread you are the winner of a $30 Chinese switch! Congratulations!

1 Like

An upgrade, thank you. :grin:

Stephen, I fed your recent posts into a linguistic speech analyser program and it said:
Diagnosis - high on cognitive dissonance.

3 Likes

Hahaha i like it. I must be on my own then. Unique! Truth is truth no matter how you look at things. :slightly_smiling_face:

Could always plug one of these in instead.

1 Like

I would like to try one though, wouldn’t you? just out of curiosity more than anything…I can think of better places to put that sort of money, but even so, it would a fun exercise i think. You have to try these things, no point in even passing comment without doing so, that may lead to cognitive dissonance.

1 Like