English Electric 8Switch

I’ve had a few of those experiences. Even within the same dealer, there have been very different opinions from different members of staff.

There is a line somewhere :slight_smile:

It’s arrived! Let the fun commence… :sunglasses:

4 Likes

We await your hyperbole

4 Likes

Now an award winner

3 Likes

I would expect to find the EtherREGEN awarded Product of the Year as well. It is Product of the Year in the Technology Breakthrough category in parent magazine TAS.

2 Likes

Totally makes sense that this device and the EtherRegen have been awarded.

Hi, marketing aside, I think there is some justification in not recommending LPS’s because the LPS needs to be a very good one (fast regulation). Some LPS’s can be worse than SMPS’s.

On the other hand, most audiophiles (and dealers) know which LPS’s are the good ones and the improvements observed are almost always universal.

2 Likes

I tend to agree on that. I tried the Uptone lps 1.2 ( 400 dollars) on my ER and found minimal uplift. I could hear the improvement, but it doesn’t change drastically as the MCRU or even Farad 3lps.

2 Likes

Valid point, but I still think that things are at odds here. Not much sense in belaboring it even more though, nobody except me seems to care

2 Likes

Nah, I care as well! Frenchrooster and Heckyman do make good points. Regardless I think both products “as-is” are very positive contributions to streaming from remote services.

1 Like

The numbers of likes, posters, views…are explicit. You are not alone Suedkiez.

I had been thinking about an LPS for my EE 8Switch or swapping it for an ER.
I’ve decided to sit tight with what I have. Question is, should I obtain an LPS for my Roon Nucleus or just sit back and enjoy what I have?
I do need to upgrade the Chord C-Stream that came with the 8Switch. Great cheap cable but not equal to the rest of my system.

They do, but IMHO things remain unexplained

I only meant regarding the disconnect that I am perceiving here re the LPS thing

Me too re the 8Switch. About the LPS for the Nucleus, I believe it was Thomas who performed extended tests and did not find a difference if the server was in the network, only with a USB connection or something. I am not summoning him with @ on purpose because I am not 100% it was he, better search.

1 Like

Mmmm, that doesn’t make any sense to me I’m afraid.

What doesn’t?

I think that unless the USB output is being used, no LPS is needed. With UPS, the Nucleus is supplying power for it so it might make a difference.

Wires crossed? “unless the USB output is being used, no LPS is needed” is what I wrote that I seem to remember from Thomas, and I didn’t say anything about a UPS :slight_smile:
But anyway better not to rely on my likely faulty recollection, this is one of his related posts that I meant, I think there were also earlier, more detailed ones somewhere (searching for Thomas by username and a keyword like Roon or Teddy or something should turn them up)

Mine should be here today. I’m curious to hear how it sounds. Blue Jeans Cat 6A! Hurry up Amazon…

2 Likes

6A is the one you want. Sounds better.

2 Likes