Ethernet Cable and USB type

I know nothing, french rooster…except that I’ve just drunk a bottle of Vavasour sauvignon blanc - tres jolie
and now I’m listening to Nils Frahm amazing All Melody…
and I moved my daughter’s lava lamp into the sitting room and with the lights off it looks like the moment of /conception!!!

3 Likes

The Cisco doesn’t add noise. Your Tidal stream will have been through thousands of Cisco switches. :blush:
Mine goes under the Telly too.

1 Like

it’s certainly the barrier of the native language. My impressions must be faulty.

You certainly do that well JimDog, a cross between a rats nest & Mario’s Spaghetti Cafe
I had an hour or so installing a new wall to dist board cable this morning, took the opportunity to re-dress the others, not a wire in sight.

Non non - I get what you’re saying.

yes, well the old 8m chord rumour 2’s that have been around for 15 years need to go somewhere…Pot Noodle City
It will get cleaned up when the new speaker cables arrive

I have internally wired Cat6 Ethernet between the lounge and media room systems.

Do I need to pull it out and downgrade to Cat5 to upgrade?

things often look (and sound) better with your eyes closed

Less is more

1 Like

you should try cat 4 and uniti star. Why bother with all this complexity: a separate preamp and separate amp, all these cables. My god!

3 Likes

I hope your daughter doesn’t read this forum :open_mouth:

1 Like

Good news :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve been told that plugging in the 272 and the 150x into 2 wall sockets is no different in terms of SQ than getting a 2:1 Hydra.
Can that be true?
Could there be timing or other SQ benefits from wiring the 2 leads together, either in a V (at the plug) or a Y (in a connector in the cable) configuration?
[Oops, sorry wrong thread… + general apologies to Nick/Dalmatian for thread-jacking…]

So would that be something like this? “3M Cat5e Modem Cable ADSL2 VDSL RJ45-RJ11 Twisted Pair Lead High Speed Broadband”?
My grey cable is RJ11 to RJ11 - but would it be better to go RJ45 to RJ11?
(My BTopenreach wall socket has both types of output socket.)
Or this? “BT Infinity 1M Cat5e router cable VDSL RJ11 / RJ45 High speed Broadband”.
(I don’t have BT Infinity, just PlusNet 40 MB broadband.)

Hi Andrea, if the QED cable is causing slower downloads, it must be faulty. Maybe you can try some more downloads and see if it is always slower than the Cat5e cable. If so, you should return it and ask for a refund.
Any Cat5e, Cat6 or higher cable should work well in a home network. If you think the QED cable improves the sound, maybe you should keep it for music streaming, but test it with your ears.
(I am suspicious of your ‘powerlines’!!)

Hi Chris, on my electrical system I also think it’s not done with care … It’s 15 years old and still works … For cat. 6 I only did 1 download with sky cinema and in the evening rush hour with sky on demand I’ll try again … But as everyone says a cat. 6 and above all Qed should be better than an old cat. 5. It is important for now the music quality and not the download time if it has increased by 50/60 seconds … Thanks :pray:.

Your BT wall socket does not have “both types” of socket - it has an RJ11 for the broadband & an entirely different BT specific socket for the phone line.
Your PlusNet router has RJ11
Therefore you must have an RJ11 to RJ11 cable

Forget the Cat5e stuff, its not ethernet cable as such & apart from confuzzin’ everyone its just bigging up the marketing hype. Its simply a “High Speed ADSL Cable Telephone Extension RJ11” copy that script, go to Amazon, paste it into search & thats what you want.

1 Like

Yes. There is no point in a hydra arrangement when you have the two sockets available so just stick with that for the Naim kit.

Back to network cables…

1 Like

Without the tonic it’s quite good as an anti-bacterial cleaner that leaves no residue!

1 Like

Am looking on the River.
Also spotted this on the Bay:
He has 100% feedback on 1000s of items??
3 meter length RJ11 to RJ11 made with Excel high quality solid copper Cat6 twisted pair cable.

Use this between your BT filtered face plate or micro-filter and your modem/router.

Good quality RJ11 plugs with gold plated contacts.

Top Quality Cat6 Solid Copper Network Cable made by Excel.

Better than the flat cables that come with modems helps to stop cross talk induction CRC errors and interference from Mains cables and cordless phones etc

For full performance you should use a cable like this!

Ideal for BT Infinity fiber VDSL and ADSL2 Broadband but also any modem or router that’s connected to a phone line in the UK

Please turn off your modem or router smart-hub etc before swapping the cable then leave turned off for about 30 minutes before turning back on

Hand assembled and tested in England. (all cables tested using a special network cable tester prior to dispatch)

Message me for other lengths

Collection welcome from SS3 0BE Great Wakering Essex