Ethernet Cable and USB type

i think personally that the tests are finished for me. The meicord is probably the best for money.
I compared 6 different cables, i don’t want to spend my life in that.
One day i will probably buy the chord music 1 m for the last section.

2 Likes

No, surely this one!

Wireworld Platinum Starlight Cat 8 Ethernet Cable

Platinum Starlight is Wireworld’s top-of-the-line ethernet cable. Patent-pending, triple-shielded Tite-Shield design technology is the same as Starlight, only this cable features OCC-7N Solid Silver conductors, the highest grade, most conductive metal in the world. Fast and flawless 40 Gbit/sec @ 30 meters provides maximum fidelity.
£850.00 per metre
Specification:

Design: Tite-Shield Technology : 100 Ohms
Signal Conductors: 23AWG | 0.26 sq. mm
Conductor Material: OCC-7N Solid Silver
Insulation: Composilex 2
Plug Contacts: 24K Gold-plated 
Lifetime Warranty

Good idea - but 0.25m of meicord is £65 - whereas 4m is only £85…plus I don’t have a switch.

I’m quite sure that silver is NOT the most conductive metal in the world but the hyperbole is lovely.

Surely a bargain for the gullible at such a low price…

Best regards, BF

Yup - it’s a toss up whether Meicord or BJC takes the biscuit - they seem to define the top and bottom of the Goldilocks region in the planetary system of ethernet cables.

you should try a dedicated switch. For me it was night and day, better upgrade than the expensive ethernet cables.
For wireworld cat 8, i don’t know.

I fancy one wrought from pure Rhodium with cryogenetically enhanced Beryllium connectors.

1 Like

last week I actually ordered a Cisco switch.
Then I figured that I can’t be bothered to create files from my cds, most of which are on tidal anyway; so it’s not worth getting a NAS and plugging lots of noisy kit into the system; and I can’t be bothered to fag around getting Roon as I can get all the info and music I want from tidal anyway.
My system is devastatingly minimal now:: Tidal - 272 - 150x - Arivas (singing their asses off these days!) - ears.
Simples…

1 Like

Oh yes it is (honest)

2 Likes

Just bought a 4m Meicord.
I thought about going to Huddersfield to get it tomorrow, but I know from experience that going to a HiFi shop with three wild cats small humanoids aged 6, 9 and 12 is not much fun for anyone involved…
Now I’m going to listen to Weasels Ripped My Flesh at volume 37…

:small_blue_diamond: Frenchrooster,…A Big Agree.!
:small_orange_diamond: JimDog,…Whatever you do…Buy a CISCO :grin:

/Peder🙂

Really? But will it add anything if I have no NAS?
Is it just to add a buffer/break between the filthy router and the 272?

it will give you fuller, softer, better detailed, more open and more involving sound.

Meanwhile, Peder, several months on, I have just tonight found the perfect spot to spike my speakers. (listening to John Zorn film works 3) - having since moved the whole ensemble in the room, tried different speakers, etc.
But I remember your advice not to use the longer spikes - (I bought longer speaker spikes from Naim) - great advice of course the longer spikes will create a less stable structure
At the moment I have my Arivas on 2 thick slate roof tiles on very short spikes.
So I either have to add the longer spikes and have 30mm spikes thru the carpet and underlay (which will help to damp the vibrations in the spikes)?
OR…keep the short spikes and create some kind of strong solid bases for them - like perhapd Huge made for himself on the old Forum??

Herself :blush:

wow - well I would love that
so that would be tidal > ISP router > Cisco 8 port switch > 272, etc.
would just adding a switch make that much difference
the irony is that I don’t need a switch as there’s nothing to switch!
so it would only be added in order to buffer EMF noise coming from the router of elsewhere
but it would add a wee bit of noise becaise it contains a swtiched mode PSU…
so I’d then have to add a linear psu as well I suppose?

ah - ok, yes Herself…

The Cisco switch is worth it for a few quid that they cost. It’s not necessary though plus you need to find somewhere to put it :blush:
If you do get one there’s no need to mess with its PSU. The on-board one works fine.

1 Like

It would just go under the TV stand where all the other electronic detritus is
I’ve just ordered a Wireworld Matrix 2 block and a 6m kettle lead - so it would plug into that
That will free up the 2 wall sockets behind my rack for my 2 Naim boxes
[I’ve also ordered a power cable and speaker cables…]

The question is - will a swtich add as much as much postiive SQ as it simultaneously adds more system complexity and EM noise?

you seem to know all better than everyone, Jimdog.