Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

@Peder I changed direction on the short cable going from the smooth LAN to the streamer a few times. I think I prefer the sound with the lead going in the direction with the small shrink plastic towards the streamer. To my ears the sound is more “together” and with more body. Which way did you prefer?

It’s not that new - sorry. Latest one: multitudes

2 Likes

Hi :slightly_smiling_face:
Busy now,.but will respond to your two notifications later :smiley:.

As we have DID and not all of us share memory, I (Ella) wonder if we could do this between our headmates… maybe if Chaos Cat made the changes to the system and didn’t tell Pru or I what she’d done, then perhaps we could set up a ‘blind testing’ scenario.

(Actually this can’t be done, as switches between headmates don’t happen on demand like that; and, unless a headmate is very determined to keep their memories private, then for us, bits of memory do ‘leak through’ the amnesiac barriers even when they don’t want that to occur.)

Fiddling time?

1 Like

Have had Ansuz Ethernet D2 streaming 24/7 last couple of days since I got information on that it was new and never played. I must say the D2 Powerswitch and D2 ethernet just grows on me and sounds amazing now. I’m a jazz guy and the details, depth, air, size, nearness I am exposed to is a drug.

I’m done*.

*For now

4 Likes

Hi, what is your today’s status with neotech. Has it evolved further and have you tested it between ee8 and core?
Will sigma stay?

@sbilotta
How is neotech against omega?

Will be home later today.
So i will start the burn in.
But i will first just swap it for my diamond cable to get an idea, then remove it.

But i will start a thread once i get going

@Dunc You are also fiddling?
Diamond against which cable?
What also speaks for PN is that is a good match with a innous server

Yes i will fiddle.
To be fair now i dont have my old system the fiddling has stopped, as i dont find i need too.
But trying different cables is always fun.

1 Like

Will have it replace my Shunyata next weekend.
Want to give it a decent burn in

2 Likes

Still on the burn-in process but had a friend round last night, so swapped it out for the Sigma as he wanted to hear what I’d been raving about. The immediate jump in performance between Neotech and Sigma was still pretty significant - in favour of the Sigma. My friends comments were centred around just how well Sigma dealt with voices, the pure depth of bass and how realistic piano notes were. I have to say by the end of the evening the system was really cooking! Neotech now back on and playing music while I watch the F1.

2 Likes

We will see if it really replaces your omega :wink:

And the fiddling is very helpful and more popular these days than during my massive fiddle time :smiling_face:

So many cables. Didn’t you borrow Omega too?

1 Like

Yes I did! But you are still pole position with all at once on demo :blush:
Omega had better bass but was a bit too dark in my system - maybe it would have been all better after burn in.
But I have my strictly „wow at minute 1 or go“ rule. No 100% wow necessary.
As I had the same wtf moments as geko, I was totally sigma biased - fine. Sigma was my balance tool!

1 Like

I have a “wow after 1 week” rule :slight_smile:

1 Like

And this rule brought me to extend my daily search from used na… to also an… products :rofl:

1 Like

Replaced my Neotech Neet 1008 with a Chord Signature last week. I know that this is comparing pears with apples and agree that the Neotech is good value for the money, but the Chord Signature is from a much higher level. Happy with my ugrade!

3 Likes