Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

It sounds as if you are describing my friends system. He has built everything from streamer to dac to amplifiers. It’s an amazing system with Audio Artistery Beethoven Elite speakers. He can play loud in that way. I can’t with my system. I tried to put Goldnote electronics in the system and that made it possible to play extremely loud. I’ll have to try that again eventhough I felt something was missing compared to Naim electronics back then.

Holy smokes! I missed this comment. If you find the cat snake comes even close to the Neotech you are not hearing what I am hearing or the sigma must be very very different to the Neotech. In my system the Neotech sounds nothing like the cat snake. The resolution is so much higher with the Neotech they are not really comparable. The Neotech keeps complex music in order. It displays nuances in all frequencies, depth of field. Naturalness in sounds that is very very far ahead of the cat snake. The flow of the music. The musical coherence makes so much more sense with the Neotech. I guess I feel a bit like you do with the Sigma when I plug the Neotech back in.

Maybe I’m misreading you. I saw now you wrote the Neotech easily outperforms the catsnake. Sorry

1 Like

Yeh, what I’m saying is that the gap between Sigma and Neotech is still greater than between Catsnake and Neotech with Neotech being quite a bit better than Catsnake. I’m just trying to put things into a measurable context.

It will be very interesting to hear your view when the Neotech has 400h

Also don’t forget that the sigma comes pre burnt in or at least some process gets done to it.
This must help

A number of posters suggest putting a switch just before the streamer.

It may be worth trying an EE8 Switch from a dealer that will allow you to try it for 30 days or so, to see if that makes an improvement.

No harm in trying.

DG…

1 Like

Thank you! Yes my dealer sells switches and I have tried a few here but that was before this very revealing Neotech cable entered the game. I’ll give it a go further down the line. Now (soon) it’s time for some vacation in the mountains :blush:

Now this sounds ridiculously good. No issues what so ever.

But I guess this is easy music to play on any stereo.

The same goes for this. My God. Something has happened. It sounds so good

1 Like

Great tracks! My kind of music :slight_smile: Sounds amazing here too :raised_hands:

It’s not easy to manage the micro details and dynamics in this music. And the air, decay, depth etc. You know when you hear it. I guess it sounds great on many systems but the magic still requires great products :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes here there is magic. Everything from extreme dynamics to micro detail, air, space breath, decay is such a beautiful whole right now

1 Like

Here’s a track for you before heading to the mountains to get into the mountain mood :slight_smile:

Have a great holiday!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Whatever they did to it seems to work great!. The instant I plugged Sigma in I could hear a quality I’d not heard before. Then I switched from the SMPS to the LPS and it was a definite ‘WTF’ moment - as Drago so delicately put it. He to had that ‘Wow’ moment pretty quick too.

I’m finding that initially the Neotech can sound very impressive and in simple A/B dems I bet it blows a lot of stuff away. I can see where it gets its reputation from. The Sigma is much more of a slow burn, very natural and very analogue. It doesn’t throw stuff in your face, just gives you bucket loads of subtle detail that you didn’t even know existed.

1 Like

If that’s up your street you should love this…

1 Like

:rofl:

Want To Fiddle moment?

2 Likes

I’ll listen to it when I get to my cabin. We have the legendary Marshall Stanmore there. It’s a small Bluetooth speaker that sounds really good. Very balanced.

I’ll listen to @Blackbird suggestion also.

@Lucifer , @Blackbird , @Geko , some lovely music recommendations there, thanks chaps.

Love when these equipment discussions are interspersed with examples of what you are actually listening to. It brings another dimension to the (often dry) discussion.

5 Likes

Square 1
Charlie Winston
First song spiral

With this album I tested the sigma

1 Like

Currently listening with wow in my ears

Started with song 10 - never heared it that way

1 Like