Ethernet cables - YOUR LISTENING Shooutout Summary

Pn with cisco
Pn alone was better

1 Like

Just sold it so another headache out the door :smile: But I bought Sbooster to try on my Lindemann bridge II. Again. An itch to scratch that it sounded better than the original SMPS and Farad3. We’ll see.

Will you ever Stop? :rofl:

Your Status is still „burn in neotech“? :blush:

yep :slight_smile:

1 Like

1000h? :wink:

nope :wink:

Same for me with EtherRegen before PN - better without the ER.

1 Like

The correct answer is. NO! :smile:

2 Likes

Surely and unfortunately there obviously isn’t a “best for all” combination of switch(s) and Ethernet cable.

I prefer BJC with the PN which I like as the only switch. I prefer Belden catsnake6 with EE8. I like Cisco before PN but not so much before the EE8. EE8 before PN is good in my system. It really is an individual choice based on our preferred flavour of sound and quite a few things influence the sound outside of the switches and cables themselves

4 Likes

Anyone use Catsnake from router to switch and have compared to BJC on the same position?

Yes just this last week or so. The BJC is a little leaner and faster than the Catsnake so works well with a full bodied switch like PN

2 Likes

I remember BJC being bit more lean than my current Supra CAT8 too but so much have changed since I tried it. I decided to order Catsnake with floating screen to try in this position and also have BJC CAT6 on order (a person I trust claim BJC CAT6 is not as “bright” as CAT6 due to lower capacitance than CAT6A due to the screen/shield).

I can fully understand BJC is a good balance with PN :+1:

1 Like

I found Catsnake with the EE8 switch and SMPS a great match. Not so good with an LPS as it seemed to highlight the bass too much. I have a full run of BJC up to the switch.

3 Likes

It’s a balancing act isn’t it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Exactly :+1:

Have try bjc some day. But really have no idea where to get it :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

CSL - 2m Cat 8 LAN

Is actually very good and was recommended by some hifi review pages.

1 Like

Absolutely!

I found BJC Cat6a couldn’t render instrumental textures that CatSnake Cat6a could (who knows why?) and this didn’t change when I switched from 2xEtherRegen to 1xPhoenixNet. I preferred both to Vodka Cat7 which I found blingy and poorly controlled, but also poor on texture.

1 Like

I bought mine off Amazon. 2 x 2m for only ÂŁ50

Checked - not available any more …:slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like