Ethernet Switch and Cables Mania

:small_blue_diamond:You’re the one who’s doing this nonsense,.but you don’t seem to understand it yourself.
I’ve had the same discussion as this,.several times with you in this thread.

But I as OP am very grateful,.that you have stopped with your…
• “Fully qualified”
• “Fully certified”
• “Fluke-tested-trolling”
Which you were doing in 70% of your posts.
This was the case from your post No13,.to almost post No 4400.

And you’ve written 262 posts,.it’s a lot if you think about what @frenchrooster asked you,see below…

:black_small_square:Wrong, Wrong, Wrong,.but if anyone questions my experiences,or my knowledge,or my advice.

Well,.then the least you can demand is,that that person has tested himself what he is talking about,.just as @frenchrooster says below…

:small_orange_diamond:Just as with the example of Linn’s internal-cables.
There you question me,.Linn’s designated best retailer Karl and other Linn retailers world wide.

This just shows,.that you haven’t tested,and have no idea what you’re talking about.
Because if you had tested,.you’d have heard the difference right away.

And then you also,.against better knowing,repeatedly repeat that I,.and all the Linn-retailers are wrong.
This without reporting,.how you tested and come to that view.
Instead you just write…
• “Wrong again”
• “Wrong again”

Then you shouldn’t be surprised if irritation occurs.
I’m very surprised you don’t understand this.

/Peder🤔

2 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:@frenchrooster,…Is this @Stephen_Tate with its new wireless-solution :rofl::sweat_smile: :rofl:

:small_blue_diamond:No problem @Nigelb,.it’s fun with a little humor at night.

See you all tomorrow…
/Peder😴

4 Likes

If Morecombe and Wise were alive they would make a great comedy sketch out of this thread.

Phil

2 Likes

If Sigmund Freud were alive, this thread would provide a lifetime of material for new research

6 Likes

As an aside, the expression ‘Wired Ethernet’ in that list is a tautology.

2 Likes

Only if there is a difference to be heard. As I’ve pointed out, also many times, any effect, and its magnitude (and hence degree of audibility) likely will depend hugely on the specific streamer or renderer/DAC, and on the electrical environment in which the network sits, and indeed possibly remainder of the network that is connected. So it is perfectly possible for one person to hear an effect, and not another. It is also possible that the effects of different cables may vary with different stramers and renderers/DACs.

Some electronics - and the Chord Dave is one - have been designed with one focus on preventing RF having an audible effect - and with the MScalar in between the network and Dave there is a further level of filtering.

Hmm yes… like how big my switch is or how expensive my cable is…

2 Likes

Perhaps many of you should just do more of this…

7 Likes

Please, please can we stop telling people what to do!

If you want to listen to music, fine. If you want to tinker, fiddle and tweak, also fine!

This thread is specifically about fiddling and experimenting with ethernet cables and switches, but people still seem incredulous that posts on this thread are about….err……fiddling and experimenting with ethernet cables and switches! If that does not interest you, or you think it is barmy, why not read another thread, there are plenty in this place!

D’oh, I believe I have just told people what to do!

15 Likes

Exactly Nigel - it would also spoil what is the most amusingly bonkers thread on the forum. So many twists and turns, language misunderstandings and random thread drifts make it a compelling daily read. Keep it up folks.

I’m off to listen to some music whilst i catch up with the latest musings… :grinning:

3 Likes

Not that night - I was playing music very late into night rather than more important HiFi tweaking duties! :cold_sweat: :bear:

DB.

2 Likes

There are attempts at times to rationalize-away the aspects people do not want to believe possible that are shown to be relevant and very important. Belief is fine but can get you in trouble with arguments so no point in discussing beliefs or rationalizing to ‘science’ which is really just selectively used as a crutch for a belief.

I belived, once, ‘bits were bits’, ‘all cables were the same if they met the spec’, ‘all switches just switched bits’…and more.
I found none of that is true with respect to HiFi at the high-end of performance present day - although it is also all ‘true’ in its own context.
Some of this is possibly the top-end is now more available more widely and has also improved to more revealing - my general opinion - or a combination of other things.

In any case I seem to be a rare person that can adapt to experience and not scream at people to not offend my beliefs when they are found wanting.
I like learning and experiencing new things and then contemplating them as to what it is all about - the joy of being human IMO.

But it is also interesting observing the psychology of it all as people do like a firm foundation to their life and I have observed people here ‘in the flesh in-person’ at my house become scared and fearful with panic when I demonstrate the ‘impossible’ - to the extent now I don’t do it without providing a plausible ‘legitimate’ reason which although I can determine it can’t be that at all serves to make people not leap to the most primitive mental tools to protect themselves.

All very interesting. I don’t think we can stop incredulity and I’d not want to personally - it is all ok and good IMO - healthy even.

DB.

2 Likes

No, this thread appears not just to be about tinkering and experimenting with stuff, it’s got personal and not constructive. That’s my point.

Hey , its costing me money i pick up an AQ Vodka on Tuesday…Its catching with no vaccination available.

4 Likes

There is a vaccination available.

Turn of all malware protection on your computer, and go looking at dodgy websites whilst doing online banking. Some fraudster will soon drain all the money from you bank account, thus stopping the spending on superfluous, excessively expensive Ethernet patch cords.

1 Like

Ho ho thats a tough one…might try another cable before trying that suggestion

You’ll have Peder’s inquisition demanding the evidence of >19 experienced listeners that has justified you making that remark. :sunglasses:

Anf FR demanding verified proof that you actually own the equipment that you happen to mention in any post. :sunglasses:

Cheers
Don

4 Likes

The mania continues. I just got an email that my Designacables Catsnake with Belden flexible cables have been shipped. Got them with Red, Green, Blue and Yellow boots so I can tell them apart. The long cable has black boots. Plan to replace the L com Cat 5e cables and compare to the BJC 6a’s. All thru the Cisco/ER Cascade, which is sounding mighty fine.

I have been talked out of the Sonore OpticalModule and Fiber Optic Cable by Alex for the moment. If I run out of tweaks and get bored, I might pursue that at a future time. Also waiting for Peder and DB to post their findings on the SQ of 2 ER’s in cascade. So not ready for the vaccination yet.

1 Like

This thread at times seems more about propping up the boutique cable industry than any real tinkering. :grinning:

1 Like