European Championships 2020 /21

Solskjaer isn’t very confident in Henderson. He dropped him this evening. :cowboy_hat_face:

Oh Gawd, more of Gary bloody Lineker and his ostentatiously socially distancing chums polluting the airwaves with their banal bollox. More of “red tops” screaming that we are pre-destined to sweep all before us, “Cry God for England, Lizzie, and St. Harry” etc…that is until after the first game…

2 Likes

See my post, second in this thread!

My feelings have been a complete reverse the past few competitions usually goes something like this.
I’m not going to let that shower of sh** get my hopes up again, Oh My God they actually are a shower of sh**.
Or in the case of the last World Cup I’m not going to let that shower of sh** get my hopes up again, It’s coming home, it’s coming home, it’s coming… what a complete shower of sh**.

Who’d be a TV exec trying to plan the schedules, when so many of the knock-out stage matches now go to penalties, mostly after 90mins of turgid back & lateral passing, with the odd scrummage in the 18-yard area from corner kicks.

The late Ray Wilkins was years ahead of his time.

1 Like

Square Ball Butch would have done well in the Mikel Arteta Arsenal side of 2020/21.

There is one very exciting side competing in these Euro’s and that’s Turkey who could do a Greece.

A side who show real passion and a desire to win.

I wish they would have a European Championships Super League…

2 Likes

France bring back Benzema, Germany bring back Muller and Hummels…England should bring back Shilton.

France with Bemzema will be tough to beat.

Englands 33 man Squad

Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson (Manchester United), Sam Johnstone (West Bromwich Albion), Jordan Pickford (Everton), Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United).

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool), Ben Chilwell (Chelsea), Conor Coady (Wolves), Ben Godfrey (Everton), Reece James (Chelsea), Harry Maguire (Manchester United), Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa), Luke Shaw (Manchester United), John Stones (Manchester City), Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Ben White (Brighton & Hove Albion).

Midfielders: Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Mason Mount (Chelsea), Kalvin Phillips (Leeds), Declan Rice (West Ham), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton).

Forwards: Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton), Phil Foden (Manchester City), Jack Grealish (Aston Villa), Mason Greenwood (Manchester United), Harry Kane (Tottenham), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Bukayo Saka (Arsenal), Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa).

Bukayo Saka makes the final 20 man Euro 2021 squad so at least one gooner.

England haven’t a chance at least not if Gareth Southgate wears the ridiculous shirt he has on this evening :flushed:

3 from Chelsea.

Though I’m surprised it wasn’t 4 and Fikayo Tomori wasn’t considered at CB. I rate him very highly and have no idea why not only have Chelsea loaned him to AC Milan but will apparently let them take up his sale option because they think he’s up to it.

Bukayo Saka gets his first England goal tonight.

1 Like

Expanding the topic a little to the football stadiums.

Italy’s first attempt at goal after 17 minutes.I hope something better…

Turkey are one of my sweepstake teams and I was hoping for better from them, too defensive so far.

1 Like

That is what they have to do,in my opinion:compensate the technical gap with a strong defense.They are playing in Rome.

Lady Luck.Now Turkey must attack

Has anyone else got donna è mobile as an earworm after hearing Ciro Immobile’s name on commentary?

1 Like

As Turkey had to change its way to play, Italy scored the second deserved goal.

1 Like