European Championships 2020 /21

Tre!

2 Likes

Pensano che sia tutto finito!

2 Likes

Good job.

1 Like

A decent opening game, which Italy thoroughly deserved to win. I particularly liked the players’ celebration of Chiellini’s goal-saving tackle right at the end of the game which preserved the clean-sheet. He’s a player I’ve long admired.

4 Likes

Well done to Italy after the unthinkable of missing the last World Cup they’ve come back stronger Turkey lots of peoples dark horses where very disappointing tonight I think they where looking either to draw or to nick a goal on the break. I have to disagree with the comments above the only way to deal with a team with so many clean sheets is to attack no point getting into a defensive battle.

A good opening game though but I think my other two sweepstake teams Belgium and Germany may fair a little better.

2 Likes

I have the Czech Republic in our sweepstake. Marvellous.

I’ve got Wales :joy:

They’ve got two awesomely good Hammers in their squad, so they should do well.

We did a family sweepstake and my nephews girlfriend drew England, Scotland and Wales.

Please, no. Unless it’s only against England and Croatia.

I thought Italy were terrific in the second half, particularly Insigne.

Though in the game’s commentary they mentioned that they got stuffed by Italy 4-0 the other day…

I’ve a feeling that the Italians will be stuffing quite a number of teams…

1 Like

Today’s fixtures.

Wales v Switzerland 14.00

Denmark v Finland. 17.00

Belgium v Russia. 20.00

Finally tonight the wait is over …

2 Likes

Ciao Kev,may you be right!

1 Like

To many words :slight_smile: Finlandia still is a great hymn, can’t get tired listening to it.

1 Like

Same thought. I also find it quite amusing that one of their strikers has the name ‘immobile’.

1 Like

It’s an important moment for us but a pity that our all time greats e.g. Litmanen & Hyypiä never had a chance to experience this as players.

2 Likes

That was awful.

Yes. Our thoughts are with Christian, his family and team. Let’s hope for the best.

1 Like