European Championships 2020 /21

Terrible

Uefa just announced Christian Eriksen has been stabilised and transferred to hospital.

The rest of the Danish team showed pure class. What a terrible, shocking thing to see. When his girlfriend came on and was shielded by Kjaer and Schmeichel, I’m sure our collective heart broke.

Great respect for the supporters too. They behave excellent.

1 Like

Yep, Finns and Danes.

1 Like

Wow, they are resuming the match. I did not expect that.

There seems to be some positive news from the hospital.

Tfft.

Do we believe that both teams requested that the game be resumed? Pardon my cynicism, but Uefa make my flesh crawl.

My guess is Eriksen would want the game to continue…

1 Like

Yes I agree I don’t think it could have gone on without the players wanting to.

I don’t believe that. The decision shouldn’t be in the hands of shellshocked players. Also, why did the Danish authorities (DBU) keep everyone in the stadium? I believe they knew the game would be resumed, perhaps because of pressure from Uefa. The Danish players were still in tears when they warmed up for the restart. The goal and penalty miss suggest that Schmeichel and Hojbjerg were in shock.

The whole sorry mess smacked of the France-Brazil World Cup Final in 1998, when Ronaldo had to play despite, persistent rumours insist, having some sort of fit.

We (Wales) were pretty dire & clueless today against a better Switzerland side who must have been kicking themselves for missing so many chances. We appeared to lack a shape and a true strategy to take the game to Switzerland and the goal was only a question of time: it was only at the point that we showed some life and passion. The equaliser was quite neat and it was heart in mouth time when Switzerland then scored 5 minutes from the end only for it to be disallowed. Too many corners conceded and not good enough in possession. I am hoping that this game was just to get the team up & running but Italy must be rubbing their hands.
My thoughts are definitely with Eriksen after such a shocking collapse; no one wants any player to face such a scary situation and it must have been horrendous for his wife. The news from the hospital appears to be a bit better.

Belgium and especially R L looked very good tonight he looks like the type of striker Chelsea need.

Today’s fixtures

England v Croatia. 14.00

Austria v North Macedonia. 17.00

Netherlands v Ukraine 20.00

Decided to watch instead the men’s tennis finals for Roland Garros.
The England match will be a bit boring. With an end score of 0-1 to Croatia.
Cheers.

Anybody know the female vocalist and piano version of Heroes used by the BBC in todays England game warm up by any chance?

Wrong!

3 Likes

Sterling has a good value!

I read that England have never won their opening match of the Euro Championship. Currently they are in danger of ruining a good stat.