Eurovision 2023

Completely pointless to spend time watching, everyone knows that Loreen will win :sunglasses: :sweden: :sweden:

2 Likes

except Käärijä :wink: :finland::finland::finland:

1 Like

Had an interesting start but then deteriorated into a clown rave at the circus.

The media hype will make it what it is. Personally I don’t give two hoots but it will be headline news for a couple of weeks then disappear for a year. Pointless yet unavoidable.

Onto the next eliminator…

Austria are fielding a duo with a song about the inequality of streaming service payouts and Edgar Allan Poe, Think its the last year for the Land Down Under so hopefully their rock band will be in the AC/DC mold to go out with a bang.

1 Like

For years I only watched it (if at all) for Terry Wogan and Graham Norton’s commentary. Will Ferrell’s film is a sort of love letter to it which was great viewing but last year, and at the risk of straying into politics, I watched it with my teenage kids because of the Ukraine situation and the outcome was very moving. Finally and truly the winner was a ‘Song for Europe’.

2 Likes

“Play Jaja Ding Dong!”

2 Likes

If only…

I’m going to re-watch the film tonight! :popcorn:

1 Like

A reminder of the (rare) highs and (frequent) lows of past Eurovision winners

2 Likes

Well just got back from a FAB time in Liverpool. As you can see, no evidence of anything different to any other midweek visit to Liverpool.

1 Like

Brian May suits orange!

1 Like

And his hair dye took well.

The dress!
Oops…skirt…

Time has not been kind to agnetha either :joy:

2 Likes

I do quite like that blingy black/gold jacket though…shame he spoilt it with the trousers (god, hope they’re not shorts).

1 Like

And what’s with the ear defenders?
:hear_no_evil:

1 Like

Slovenia sent ‘sexy disco song’ featuring the lovely Paulla (scortchio) from the Fast Show
Austria is catchy… could do well if it gets through.
Australia… nice effort, keytar and perms

The rest were abit formulaic, slow start, earnest lyrics and stand still to sing the crescendo… add abit of laying down on the floor for some reason

Austria was my favourite tonight. I don’t know what’s going on with the lying on the floor thing, but it seems very popular.

It’s like being stuck in a bar full frocks tattoos and glitter and you’re the only one not on drugs.

Apparently our contract runs out this year but I’ll have money we’ll be back next year. As mentioned last year it’s extremely popular here for some strange reason.