Exotic system

I found and watched this documentary on Ken Fritz’s system. That man dedicated a great part of his life to build his own dedicated room, his own speakers and turntable. The electronics are Krell.
I don’t believe it’s the best system in the world, as he stated, but found the documentary very interesting. Specially the turntable and speakers.

I reminds me a bit @Mitch speakers .

14 Likes

Most useful for pointing out to my wife how restrained i have been👍

24 Likes

Why is he drinking cheap wine?

I don’t know how expensive it is, maybe not that much, because he designed and built his own speakers and turntable.
In that room, my system would sound probably crap, too big. I would have no bass.
But I understand your post, we call here it « la folie des grandeurs ».

2 Likes

I am in the train, so can’t check the video. Are you sure it’s cheap wine.?
Maybe he can’t even pay the bills, and he eats only spaghettis ?

3 Likes

It looks like Kendall Jackson, vin de table even here in Canada. 52 second mark on video. Hope just something with a similar label😉

1 Like

Well spotted. Looks like the vintner’s reserve label, their higher end wine, in the UK £15-20. The Chardonnay isn’t to my taste, tropical fruit flavours and lots of richness, but it’s not their basic supermarket wine.
More on topic I skimmed the video, lovely to see someone with so much passion, hope he gets a load of pleasure for many years,

3 Likes

Not a patch on the Italian plonk I am currently drinking :grinning:

7 Likes

He has a gigantic house, system, but bad tastes in wine.

Is he s funeral director?

2 Likes

His records collection is also impressive. Nice to see such passionate guy.

1 Like

Some cheap wines are good. I remember marocan or tunisian « Sidi Brahim ». Not bad for the very low price, specially when I was student.

1 Like

The first and last time I drank Sidi Brahim was with some fiends in a restaurant in NYC back in the '80s. One of the party regaled us of how they regularly drank it as a student in France. It gave me a headache even before the meal was over.

Yes, it was strong and heavy. Maybe if I try it today, I would not have the good impression I had in the 80’s too.

1 Like

I am tempted to like your post, as I am not very politically correct guy :joy:

1 Like

That’s what you get for drinking with fiends! :grin:

3 Likes

Bestway to drink. Fiends have more fun. :grinning:

1 Like

Yes, maybe it was a tad harsh. Wonder what it sounds like if you find yourself supping a nice red behind those monoliths? Hugh Heffner no doubt found himself in the same fix :grinning:

1 Like

They were certainly fiends!

1 Like

It doesn‘t matter how expensive it is. Price is not a property of the product. It looks very cool and certainly I believe him, thats the best. Because it is custom build with obsession for every detail, strongly think is better than any commercially available marketing scam.

2 Likes