F1 - 2020 Season

…and I’ve always thought that they had to start on the same tyres they’d last used on Q3 and other cars, from P11 onwards, had a choice of whatever rubber they wanted. 50 years following F1. Living and learning…

1 Like

Ah aha. This changed at start of the 2020 season. I am not going completely mad then. All these F1 rules and changes play havoc with my old little mind!:sunglasses:

The Q2 starting tyre rule has not changed, its been around for sometime, not sure when it was introduced but believe it was 2016.
There was a lot of discussion about changing/abandoning the regulation for 2020 if all the teams agreed, but they didn’t & the Q2 starting tyre rule is still with us

1 Like

Cheers, Mike. Enjoy the race.

1 Like

Looks like rain: Drizzling for the start & it looks like heavier sometime this afternoon, it might/might not affect the race until the later laps, so Safety Car or other delays will make this more likely.

That was one krazy 1st lap … enough, over & out 'till later

Well done Lewis and MB. Just another day at the office…

1 Like

Much more than that. Hamilton is special. No doubt.

2 Likes

Just another day !!! FFS, No it was a master class, 25.5 sec & FL & no answer from anyone, including the other Merc.
But those first few laps are a must watch (again) later

2 Likes

That was quite fun today. Lance is a bit of a tw*t though isn’t he.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. Watching Hamilton is awe-inspiring. A total, complete craftsman. It’s not his fault he was given such gifts. Verstappen may well be the eventual heir apparent, but I see little to suggest he’ll ever demonstrate the consummate race-craft of Hamilton (or Schumacher).

1 Like

Or Leclerc perhaps? He seems to be getting more out of the Ferrari than anybody thought it could deliver.

Here’s the reason to follow the next season too…

3 Likes

At least George Russell is keeping his Williams seat. Common sense good news.

2 Likes

Well I found that race rather interesting and if you exclude the 2 Merc’s it was worth watching. Glad DR got another podium finish he brings a bit of personality to what can often be dull and boring.

1 Like

Although Williams might now be having 2nd thoughts. Embarrassing :joy::joy::joy::joy:

I just finished listening to the BBC podcast of Dont tell me the score with Damon Hill. Really fascinating insight into him, F1 and some of his rivals. Highly recommended.

It looks like it might be an interesting race this weekend.
The track has been resurfaced & with some damp during yesterdays practice & real rain in FP3 its not laying down rubber so is really slippery.
Mercedes are struggling, Hamilton was in last place after FP3 having only done a few laps & doesn’t seem to have his mojo working
Red Bull & Ferrari are getting the best out of it, Max made the fastest lap followed by Leclerc & Albon.

Best driver ever looks pretty normal with his advantage removed.

Well didn’t that coming !!!
I’ll say nothing for those watching TV highlights later.

But its an all new day for the race, WX is dry & 14’C, possible showers later.
Wet quali means free starting tyre choice for the race.