F1 - 2023 Season

But it isn’t. I read the article and the main thing that struck me was his approach: “We have a problem. We need to fix it.”. Nothing about blaming the team. Not him against the engineers. Working together to fix things.

I bet Daniel was disappointed when McClaren moved him out……bet he feels differently now.

1 Like

Not sure Gazza we don’t see or hear from anymore. It’ll take 1 of RBs main drivers to get ill before we see him this season.

I do miss his cheesy grin.

1 Like

Being paid £14M not to drive the McLaren this year :thinking:, I can almost imagine how big his smile is :joy:.

5 Likes

Amazing isn’t it?

I’d have not done it for half that.

5 Likes

Yeah I have so say sometimes when the drivers are sad about something, a car breaking down, team messups, etc etc etc, I think yeah it is bad but being able to dry your eyes with new 100 Euro bills for each tear must soften the blow a little.

1 Like

They say money can’t buy happiness, but i’m sure it makes being miserable a whole lot easier.

5 Likes

4 Likes

The only people that say money isn’t everything normally have lots of it. Don’t think I’ve ever heard any one that doesn’t have much saying it.

4 Likes

Good discussion from Brundle et al on Lewis and the current F1 drama…

This doesn’t bode well. Using your whole season’s allowance in one race

I don’t think that a grid penalty is that big problem for them. It may even encourage him to race better fighting his way forward instead of trying to keep up with the Red Bulls.

Sainz must be giving him a lot of moral support at the moment as a good team mate and sportsman to reciprocate Le Clercs behaviour last year. :wink:

1 Like

Possibly. Although will the car actually finish the race?

Hmm from this it seems they all use McLaren supplied control electronic. So my question now is how did the Ferrari manage to burn out two in one day.

Yes that has been the case for a few years. There was a Sky feature on them. Everyone gets the same sealed box

1 Like

Can’t they apply for some relief considering they have had 2 duff units?

I guess they know why they failed. The article suggested that it was Ferrari’s implementation rather than McLaren’s.

1 Like

An all Aston Martin second row in qualifying! It now looks like Aston Martin has the second fastest car behind RB.
Russell once again out qualifying Hamilton, and Hulkenberg out doing them both!

Calm down. That’s just Q1. Loooong way to go yet! A lot can and it probably will happen.:sunglasses: